Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where is Michigan is Everyone from??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I would definitely be interested in a meetup, I think that would be fun. But Im in my last year of school and between work and trying to find a better paying job, Ive got a lot on my plate.

However, the faculty teachers at my college are on strike right now (that doesn't include lecturers, they are still holding classes) and if a settlement isnt made soon, the semester is cancelled. They have just one more full week [img]eek.gif[/img] So if that happens, I will actually have a fair amount of time on my hands..... [img]confused.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 09, 2006 01:43 AM: Message edited by: *shortie* ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You all have made ME homesick! I'm a Michigan native (Grand Rapids area) but I won't be back for a few months now that I work in Canada. I had my prom at Meijer Gardens. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Happy Mami:
    We live in Hudsonville (suburb of GR)for now, but the house is for sale and DH's new office will be in Novi. Not in a big hurry to go, especially now that school has started.

Meijer Gardens is wonderful, we enjoy the family membership. We would be happy to attend a get-together.

Take care,
    Rhonda
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My Brother lives in Hudsonville!!
    Novi is really nice!!!!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Inactive Member american-girl-fan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Meijer Garden is really fun!!

I love the rainforest room! They have all the plants and in the spring there are butterflies in there and it's really cool!! (that's when the meet-up should be if you have one) There is a water fall and a creek and losts of tropical trees and birds and fish and everything!!

The desert room is fun too! There are losts of desert plants and things in the path.

There is also a tea room with one of those wishing fountain things!

PLus tons of cool sculptures and everything!!

And a boardwalk outside and gardens ans a cafe.....

oh and the pond!

[img]wink.gif[/img]

ETA: there are also traveling exibits and stuff i think and last time i went there was these human scultures things

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 09, 2006 10:49 AM: Message edited by: american-girl-fan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Henna, welcome to my neck of the woods! You'll love Portage, especially if you have a family. It's really a beautiful city with alot of parks, bike trails, and several nature preserves. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm from Portage, which is a suburb of Kalamazoo. By spring our basement will be finished and if there would be interest in having a "spring fling" type meet up for Michigan AG fans, I would be honored to host it. Something to keep in mind. When I was invovled in the My Little Pony community they would have "pony meets" for people to meet and enjoy their MLPs. This could be something awesome to start in our own community! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Happy Mami- I grew up in Hudsonville, my family is still there, and I work at Family Fare (the smaller one) there!

Lacey Jane, I know what you mean about Big Rapids, went to Pharmacy school there. Not much else to do there.

Meijer Gardens would be great in the spring, when the butterflies are out and you can also go outside (especially if anyone is bringing children or wants to pose their "girls" in the children's garden). Plus DaVinci's horse is outside, and it might be a long cold walk over if it's winter.

Jen

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That sounds like fun!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree! Getting together in the spring would be great. Since the holidays will be fast approaching, it will be a busy time of year. Since I started this thread, I do not mind organizing a get together. I work, but have plenty of free time with my schedule right now. If everyone wants to PM with their email addresses and where they live, I can coordinate with everyone where we should meet. A suggestion on where, Meijer garden would be fine or elsewhere would also be great!! Let me know!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Meijer gardens sound beautiful and like a lot of fun, but I wonder if there is another, more central location. I got used to making that drive, but its still quite a long ways from this corner of the state. Hmmm, is there a fun place in Lansing to have a meetup? That seems to be more in the middle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123