Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is Michigan is Everyone from??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was born in Kalamazoo and have lived in Battle Creek, Gobles, Grand Rapids and Allendale (Graduated from GVSU~~GO Lakers). I live in Georgia now but get up to GRand Rapids a few times a year and also spend a week in either South Haven or Grand Haven each summer. My parents still live in GR, within walking distance of the Gardens. I love and miss Meijer!! Oh and I have a brother in Ann Arbor (U of M)) and a sister at Notre Dame. I know not MI but close.

I'll be sure to let it be known next time I'm headed up that way and would love to meet up with a HB member or two.

Kristin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I live in Kentwood, which is close to Grand Rapids and Caledonia area.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was born in a hospital in Detroit, grew up in Redford, and moved near Lansing to Holt when my dd was 4 and my son was on his way. We have family in Milford, Dearborn Heights, White Lake, and near Brighton. We have lots of friends in the Lansing area. Unfortunately the loss of computer jobs made my husband leave for Virginia 6 yeears ago and he insisted we accompany him. [img]wink.gif[/img] LOL

I seriously miss Michigan, especially in the summer when Virginia is ghastly. I also really miss the lakes, especially Lake Michigan. I spent almost every summer up in Leelanau county. I think that is one of the prettiest areas on earth. My hubby and I also love the very northern part of the U.P. particularly Copper Harbor.

Y'all (I can say y'all cause I'm in the south now - lol) have really made me homesick. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We're west of Detroit. Sounds like a bunch are from the GR area. Have always wanted to visit Meijer Gardens.

Would love to meet up before the snow flies, or in the spring. Let us know.

Mary--We Michiganians know what you were going to say. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Inactive Member supernonamegirl's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A meet-up at the Meijer gardens is an idea. I've never been (terrible, I know), but I hear only good things and there would be lots of oppurtunities for pictures.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We live in Hudsonville (suburb of GR)for now, but the house is for sale and DH's new office will be in Novi. Not in a big hurry to go, especially now that school has started.

Meijer Gardens is wonderful, we enjoy the family membership. We would be happy to attend a get-together.

Take care,
    Rhonda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hiya fellow Michiganders!! I'm in south-eastern Michigan, about an hour away from Detroit, in the Walled Lake/Commerce area. I've never been to the Meijer Gardens, but let me know if you guys plan a meet up there, it sounds super fun!!

Inactive Member supernonamegirl's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It seems like Meijer Gardens seems to be the ost popular option (mentioned so far).
    The website is
    http://www.meijergardens.org/
    Other options are a state park or something like that. Any other ideas?
    Does anyone want to step up and try to plan something? (this is assuming there's interest in such a thing which there seems to be)

I briefly considered it before I remembered that I'm totally irresposible and have class and work and more class and still more work.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, theres a lot of people from west michigan on here. That strikes me as funny since the southeast, where I am from, has so many more people. Anywho, I live in a kinda small, sort of suburbanish, sort of farmtownish (it defies labels I suppose) city just 45 mins southeast of Detroit and located right on Lake Erie. I commute to school in Yspilanti at Eastern Michigan. Which for those of you not familiar is right next to Ann Arbor where UofM is located. I actually went to GVSU for one semester, but didnt like it [img]redface.gif[/img] So thats when I transfered, lol. I also think a meet up would be great. Since most of you are out there on the west coast thats fine for the location. Im used to driving out that way between the semester spent away and visiting friends at MSU.

Anywho, I saw a great shirt the other day that had a big picture of Michigan and the UP that said "Michigan! America's high five!" I want it [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Sorry this thread made me think of that...

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 08, 2006 12:03 PM: Message edited by: *shortie* ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've spent almost my entire adult life in the West, but I was born in Detroit, raised in Brighton/Howell and spent a couple VERY boring years in Big Rapids. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    All my family still lives in Michigan though. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Lisa [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
    (Former Michigander)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast