Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolls that AG SHOULD consider making!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

How about a thread of our ideas on dolls that AG should consider making? I always LOVE reading everyone else's ideas. I think we can do great on this one!

I came up with this yesterday. Tell me what you think?

I have decided that I love her so much that I'm going to have to have her! LOL

She's the daughter of Blackbeard the pirate since he ran up and down the coastline and made his home here on the NC coast! She lives on the island with him and all his pirate pals! She can spit, sail and swim just like the rest of the crew! She wouldn't be caught dead wearing wenches clothing, only a bandana like scarf on her head, big white pirate shirt, breeches like the ones Felicity 'borrowed' and knee high boots. She only wears the boots in cold weather when she absolutely has too. One of her favorite pastimes is running down one of the wild horses on the island and seeing how long she can stay on its back! She actually has already tamed several of them by winning there trust.She's always climbin' trees barefoot and looking through her very own spyglass. She also loves swimming naked in the ocean! In fact, she could swim before she could walk. Her big gruff old pirate king father is tough when it comes to everything else, but would really like for her to more ladylike. He knows he's done wrong by her by letting her run wild and be raised by the crew, but he wants to change all that now. The cook for the crew is about as civilized as it gets on the island. He is a french chef that was captured years ago and ended up liking the pirate life. All his attempts at taming her go awry. So her dad goes out and kidnaps a genteel lady and drags her back to the island to turn his daughter into a lady. He tells her she has 30 days to turn her into a lady or she has to walk the plank! The daughter, named Bonnie (because she is a bonnie lass) totally resists all this of course, and the lady has a wild time on her hands. It doesn't help that the crew loves the girl to death and would cut off their right arm for her.

I think she has a pet seagull too and swims with dolphins! She LOVES food seasoned with rum (like fruitcakes) and hot buttered rum on cold nights! MAYBE she'd have to be the daughter of just A pirate and not actually Blackbeard, but I think her personality is all AG!!!

I think I've become inspired enough to write her story! I'll keep everyone updated on her!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 02, 2006 02:16 PM: Message edited by: 3castles ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She sounds adorable! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I'd love to hear more about her story!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love your idea!!! [It would be sooo cool if AG made a pirate costume to go with it] I love the pet seagull idea too. Can't wait to see how she turns out, remember to post plenty of pictures!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*Giggles* How fun! While we're at the imaginations running around stage...

A knight. That is to say a girl who wants to be a knight, either in a place like Camelot or a modern girl involved in the S.C.A. She could come with miniature weapons, little practice outfits and chainmail and a real knight's garb complete with shield for when she earns it.

...Can we tell I'm a girl trying to become a knight? I think we can.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She can spit, sail and swim just like the rest of the crew!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can see it now. You squeeze her tummy and water shoots out her mouth. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by 3castles:
    ...I think I've become inspired enough to write her story! I'll keep everyone updated on her!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fabulous idea! If you're looking for research material, don't forget "Pirateology", the latest in the great "Ology" series. It's definitely a "don't miss".

I'd love a futuristic AG from 2086 who rummages through an old trunk that belonged to her great-great grandmother and discovers an American Girl doll. She decides she likes it better than all the "virtual reality" toys she and her friends play with, and then introduces all of them to the joy of real dolls. When she grows up, she single-handedly revives the doll business. Her first name is Pleasant. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What wonderful ideas! I love pirates and like the pirate girl Bonnie idea (what happened to her mother)? My main role-play character is a lady knight so I'm very keen on the girl knight idea too! And I like the future girl idea quite a bit too. They'd all make great stories! (Agh, why doesn't AG make fantastical LE dolls, instead of JLY dolls? Of course, if they made fantasy dolls I'd be much more likely to want to buy them, so I guess it's a good thing that they stick to regular modern day ideas. Well, my wallet is much happier, anyway. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love your idea of a pirate!

I don't know a story or anything but I wish AG would make a Hawiian doll. Her accessories could have leis (sp) as one of the things and she could come with one of those skirts. I would love that!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HI,

I've been reading The Magic Tree House series to DS this summer. DD loves them & now he does too. Anyway, they have a character in the Summer of the Sea Serpent book & as soon as I read her description I thought, "Wow, that would make a beautiful AG doll" [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] Funny how EVERYTHING relates to AG. In the book they are in the time before Camelot. The girl, Kathleen, is a Selkie. She can pull a seal skin over her & become a seal in the water. On land she is a girl. This is from the book..."She wore a green dress that looked as if it had been woven from grass. Her hair fell in black ringlets down to her waist like a dark waterfall." and "As she spoke,Kathleen's large eyes sparkled with the blue of the sky and water" and my favorite line, "Jack couldn't speak. Kathleen was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen". DS laughed & laughed at that. [img]tongue.gif[/img] She lives in a cave up in the cliffs & is the youngest of 19 sisters. She speaks in the Selkie language too. Not sure how you could accomplish the whole transformation into a seal, lol, but as a girl she would be so pretty.

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi! I love the idea of Bonnie pirate AG. I think it would be cool if she was from New Orleans or the Louisiana area since didn't Blackbeard or some other famous pirate live in New Orleans in the 1800's?

I also love the idea of a Selkie doll! Bren, there is a wonderful Irish movie called The Secret of Roan Inish about Selkies. It is PG and is a very nice story. Came out a few years ago...

Katie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast