Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Addy items in danger of retirement???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by flowerinaag:
    Does anyone one think Addy is going to be retired?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No. But I think she will eventually have only a very minimal collection.

Either that, or they are positioning her to get a brand new collection to coincide with a movie in 2008. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] Well, I can dream...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with EleanorofAquitane. I told my mom that Addy's Undies are possibly going to be retired, and she said maybe AG is retiring some things to make room for a movie and a best friend. I hope that's not just wishful thinking. [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hm, Addy's Undies read "available" to me right now, even when I put them in the cart. [img]redface.gif[/img] Good news if that's true! (Backordered 'til 10/20 was very good news too...well, compared to Retired. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] )

I had been wondering if their reference to Pleasant Company (I forget the name of the brand of the hoop) was why they were pulled from the site. I don't see AG drastically scaling back Addy's collection, no matter if she were to even become the worst seller, just because of the policical implications of removing items from the only African-American historical. That doesn't mean she's safe by any means; even in the BEST case scenario where she got a movie and best friend, she'd surely lose some items. I just don't think they'll totally gut her collection without any replacements. (At least, I really really HOPE not!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The sled and her mancala game, gardening items and her set with pumpkin pudding have all been retired for several years.

If they ever get around to making an Addy movie I'll bet some will come back and other things will be introduced, but who knows.

The underwear sells out from time to time and they get it back.

Her patriotic dress is retired too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Kenshinchan:
    I had been wondering if their reference to Pleasant Company (I forget the name of the brand of the hoop) was why they were pulled from the site.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You know, I had the same thought when I read they'd been restocked. That could be it.

Originally posted by Kenshinchan:
    I don't see AG drastically scaling back Addy's collection, no matter if she were to even become the worst seller, just because of the policical implications of removing items from the only African-American historical.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I completely agree. I think her collection has been pared down a lot. At some point I think the Flower Picking Outfit will be a likely candidate for retirement, too.

Much as it pains me to write this, I think we'll see Addy lose her needlework set, party treats, and ice cream freezer eventually, too. [img]frown.gif[/img] Her collection will be a shadow of what it once was, but she won't disappear forever.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 16, 2006 10:33 PM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The sled and her mancala game, gardening items and her set with pumpkin pudding have all been retired for several years.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, her sled was just retired last winter, and the gardening set this summer.

She also has lost her school supplies, although that happened several years ago.

joelanddeborah

Well, this really bothers me! [img]mad.gif[/img]

I just love my new little Addy, too! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Why oh why am I always just one step too late on these things???! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Deborah and Girls:
    Well, this really bothers me! I just love my new little Addy, too! Why oh why am I always just one step too late on these things???!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I feel your pain...I'm in the same boat. Our Addy has only been here for a month. I started collecting some things before I got her, because I knew it was only a matter of time before she came to live with us. But I feel rather desperate, like I need to gather up as much as I can while it's still around. [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

An update on Addy's Undies......the website now says backordered until 10/20. Whew! At least they were not gone for good.

joelanddeborah

Yes, we'll be "Addy Accessory Snatchers" while we are SUPPOSED to be collecting items to go under the Christmas tree! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12