Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My little sister, Molly, (16) was doing a still life about her childhood in her AP Art class so she brought her Molly doll into school to be part of it. She left her in the art room during school because she didn't want to have to carry her around all day.

So, when she goes back to the room at the end of the day she finds Molly... with her arm torn off! I am totally in shock. When I was talking to her on the phone I used some choice words about the guilty party that I won't repeat here but the person/people who did that are scum. Just scum.

Poor Molly.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1"> [ September 14, 2006 12:11 AM: Message edited by: zap_sea ] </font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1"> Edited to change wording in title</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 14, 2006 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm very sorry that happened.Something similar happened to me when I was a teenager,only it wasn't that they broke something of mine,just they used something I liked to play a cruel prank.Take heart in the good people in your life and I'm sure Molly can be fixed,if not by you,then someone on the board can help [img]smile.gif[/img] Maybe you can get Molly a cheering up present from AG [img]wink.gif[/img]

emsmombuysdolls

That's disgusting. I seriously wonder about people like that and then check to see if all my doors are locked.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So sorry to hear about what happened to your Molly!

Kershinchan's is a good uggestion, and I'd like to offer another alternative---If you'd like to send her to me, I can re-attach her arm for just the shipping--PM me if you're interested.

Whatever you decide, I hope Molly is feeling better (and in one piece!) really soon! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's just wrong. I let someone borrow something for art class in high school. It was something pretty small, but part of a set. Well the person lost it. Said the art teacher threw it away. I still have the set it belongs to and it burns me up when I look at it.

Polly Marie

So sorry for your sister. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    Unfortunately there are people who will do these kind of things. I really do pity these poor souls.
    Hope Molly can be fixed like new. [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

T. Lynn

That is so sad. I hope someone tells her who did it.

I can't believe how some children treat other people nowadays. I would have been crying if it were me.

thepidget

I'm really sorry that happened to your sis' doll! I would be very angry and upset if that happened to me. I can't believe anyone would be so cruel, but some people are just plain mean. [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

I hope she can get her Molly fixed up. Maybe she can be sent to the doll hospital, or perhaps an HB person can help with the restringing? Good luck! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's really mean. [img]frown.gif[/img]

If you are feeling up to trying the restringing yourself, I can send you the elastic; all you'd need is the insert sleeves, washers, a phone wire crimper, and a hemostat. OK, that's a lot of stuff, but at least you wouldn't have to send away and spend $10 plus shipping to get the elastic. And it's a very simple process. I am guessing the arm and socket are perfectly fine; it's just the elastic that got ripped/cut (again, I can't for the life of me imagine why!). If so, restringing isn't hard...never mind that you shouldn't have to be doing it!

And I hope the party responsible is brought to justice; even if the school doesn't understand how important the dolls are to us, that's still vandalism!