Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do YOU think AGT 28 is so popular?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by dollsforadoll:
    Please don't be offended by my opinion.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Absolutely not!!! Other member's opinions should never offend anyone.

I love the variety of opinions on this board. I also find it interesting how many people agree on certain dolls.

For example - it seems as if so many people on the board adore AGT 25. My daughter and I are among the few that aren't that crazy about her.

Yikes - did I admit that?? - please don't throw us off the board!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gotta be because she looks like Marisol only with shorter hair. I absolutely love the face mold & she along with Marisol & Josefina & Nellie are my favorites! Oops, can't tell AGT21 because I love her too...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I don't like Marisol much, so when I decided to get #28, it wasn't because I liked the other doll. I love my Beatrice because of her hairstyle, mostly, and she's just so cute altogether.

So I'm putting my vote in that #28 is popular because A) She's new and B) She looks radically different from other Today dolls, and totally cute besides.

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

I agree regarding the Marisol look. Marisol was a big hit and number #28 is a continuation of that marketing success.

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She is very cute! AG was smart to make a doll that looks so much like Marisol. My sister was just in Chicago and she said the #28's were what every girl was asking for. She also noted how busy the JLY floor was, compared to the historical floor [img]frown.gif[/img]

Mari was super popular last year - I think #28 will sell out before Christmas. She makes a GREAT twin for Marisol too. Rachel has the whole long lost twin (parent trap) story line made up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Molly-Felicity, I so agree about the 25 thing. And thanks for you reassurance about my post. I really am not too fond of any of the AGoT because I love my histoical's so much! But I do like..... what's her number...... the one with the curly blonde hair and brown eyes. She looks the most like me. Im tired of how many blue eyed/blonde haired dolls they made!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by *AG Star*:
    it might also be because she was the first AGOT with short hair, and not every little girl has hair that goes all the way down to her back.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have no fondness for Marisol or 28. My DD has no longings for Marisol. However, she is infatuated by 28. I think a lot has to do with the hairstyle: middle part, no bangs, shoulder length. Now, my DD brought home her 2nd grade class picture today. Out of 12 girls, all but one had bangless, shoulder-length hair parted down the middle. For whatever reason, it's a popular Look right now...and 28 epitomizes it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by dollsforadoll:
    Im tired of how many blue eyed/blonde haired dolls they made!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Personally, I'd like to see more brunette dolls without bangs, more Asian dolls (including West Asia, like India, Mongolia, Afghanistan and the other -stans, etc.), more bi-racial dolls, and all around more of a diverse group. I don't really feel like it is representative of America exactly.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I totally agree with the brunette and ethnic doll idea! In my opinion, Josefina is one of the prettiset dolls out of the bunch! Though I dont have her, I think they should make an AGoT doll like her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I showed my 6 year old the catalog today and she picked #28 right away. She has no clue who Marisol is but I think it's that 28 looks different than the other dolls, also a bit like my daughter, with shoulder-length hair with no bangs.

Also, my daughter is seeming to want to create a group that has a little variety in looks, and living in NYC, we have all kinds of looks. I love 28 and I can't wait to add her to our family! But Jess comes first......

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 03, 2006 11:25 PM: Message edited by: DollyMamaNY ]</font>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123