Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What kind of curlers do you all use? Also, do you wrap the hair up and then use the hot water over it, or do you dampen the hair, wrap it and then pour the hot water over afterwards? Just wondering how to get the best curl, is all! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Any suggestions would be great!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dampen the hair, roll it in sponge rollers, and steam it---let dry ALL THE WAY (usually overnight will do it), and then take out the curlers. Her curls will last a very long time this way. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hot travel curlers.

Just finished curling Molly's hair. This time I used the smaller curlers for more curls but did not leave them in too long so the curls are not to tight.

IMG 1517IMG 1516

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmm I wonder if I have sponge rollers around.. I have the other ones that you perm with.. wonder if those would do the trick? hehe
    Im going to experiment on tuesday with my pm lissie doll.. her hair is thin toward the top of her head from being brushed so much in the past, so I was thinking of adding some curls! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Well see how it goes hehe

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I find it's way easier when I use end papers, and I do spritz the hair and paper before I roll. I prefer sponge rollers, but I've rolled Amanda's Kailey in perm rollers-- the American Curls ones. They worked fine.
    If you use steam or hot water, the curls will last longer. If you use cold or lukewarm water, they'll last 2-3 brushings.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I recurled Sam's hair using the AG hair care kit with the pink sponge rollers. I washed her hair in cool water and let it dry overnight. Then I spritzed each curl with water and rolled in the roller and spritzed continually all day and let dry overnight. The results can be seen in my "Chicago" album.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very cute! Well, I wet her hair down today, placed it in sponge curlers, and then poured boiling hot water over them! We will see the end result possibly tomorrow... it seems like its taking forever to dry! Sigh... I cant wait .. the suspense! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you really soaked the hair and FOAM rollers, it could take more than an overnight to dry. Take out just one for a test.

My favorite rollers to leave in for a long time (as in when someone gets boxed) are the Hairdo Hardware kit ones that are foam with wire inside. They twist around easily and are perfect for AGT length hair.

However, the original instructions for giving Molly "All American Curls" were to use the perm rods with curling papers and a spritz bottle. This is still the most effective way I find to add curls. I use very small sections of hair and lots of rollers. Brush out the hair, spritz liberally with water, pull it out straight, fold the curling paper in half across the end. Tuck the paper end neatly under the bottom of the roller and roll the hair all the way up to the scalp. When the doll's hair is all curled up, leave it alone for 24 hours. To preserve the curl, don't brush it out when you take it down. Just run your fingers through it.

I always set my dolls' hair before they retire into boxes, too. I use foam rollers for that, varying the sizes based on how long the doll's hair is. I use the large size pink foam rollers for the top of Felicity's hair, for example.

Don't use hot rollers -- it'll fry or melt your doll's hair.