Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your FAVORITE accessory that might be "overlooked" by Others?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Friendship Cake's thread about Addy's apron was my inspiration for this thread. I had never really noticed Addy's Embroidery set before.

What are your favorite accessory items that might get "overlooked" when others look at the catalogs and on the AG site?

And...Please tell WHY you love these items.

Thanks! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would have said Addy's school supplies if it wasn't for the recent thread about them! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

After that, my favorite accessory is a three way tie! I love Felicity's Tea Lesson, Reading and Writing Lesson and Bedtime Necessities. The first two because I LOVE the school stuff and its from one of my favorite books of her series. In general though I love these sets because not only are they made to look very accurate, you know a colonial girl would have used all of these items.

Looking at stuff like that really makes me miss the old days. And kick myself in the butt for not getting it all back in 'the good ole day's [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 24, 2006 09:56 AM: Message edited by: *shortie* ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kit's Bookbag & Supplies. The little pencil box is amazing, with tiny eraser, pencils and real crayons.

Julia

emsmombuysdolls

JOsephina's Weaving Loom. Very cool for the girls to be able to make blankets for the doll.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Samantha's Stereoscope! I have a real one too, and I just love it. It was the original Viewmaster!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Molly's ear drops bottle.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't have them yet, but Kit's hobo accessories. I think the little flour sack bag is adorable, and everything included (food cans, binoculars, harmonica, lantern) looks so realistic. Plus I love AG lamps like the lantern, Kit's gooseneck lamp, and Molly's lamp because they're not only cute, but really work for power outtages, etc.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!

Although I don't have it yet, I agree with Laura that Kit's Hobo accessories are darling! I also love Kirsten's fishing set too.

DD's favorite accessory is defintely the Flower Sleepover Kit. I think it may be retired now because we got ours on ebay, but let me just tell you that DD plays with that set every night before bathtime. All of our dolls, dinosaurs and other critters have had their teeth brushed with the toothbrush and bodies washed with the flower sponge & soap. If you can find it, it is truly great fun.

Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We love Josephina's little chicken in the cage. Her adobe oven is a lot of fun too. And we love her memory box. Actually, we love all the different accessories for each historical girl! It is so sad when something is retired.

Inactive Member american-girl-fan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm...I love all my acsessoires so much this is really hard for me....Samantha's and Kit's and Kirsten's school supplies. I love them. I don't have Kit's and Kirsten's yet but I just love playing with my friend's versions and I have Samantha's.

ETA: I also love Kirsten's littel fishing set even though I still need to get it.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 24, 2006 05:30 PM: Message edited by: american-girl-fan ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast