Thread: Does AG Place do anything special for visits on actual birthday?

Inactive Member Mom To Two Girls's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We are going to AG Place Chicago for my daughter's 9th birthday and are actually going on the day of her birthday. We aren't doing the birthday party at the cafe but are eating there and they asked if they could put a candle in her dessert. I was wondering if they do anything special if you are there on your birthday...goody bags etc. Anyone hear of anything?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The fence repair can wait.
    You should fly down. Maybe you will get a goody bag. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We were there for DD's birthday last year and they do have little goody bags but they are usually only for the actual birthday party package at the cafe. We got this package as a one time thing for DD> It was cute. There was a special cake, goody bags for everyone in the party, a special sign and they sang to DD. But it was $50 per person (or something like that) There were other children there who were in awe that DD was getting the signing/cake treatment. Kailey wore a pin saying it's my birthday and my PS gave her doll a birthday crown for her doll and a few goodies.

The package also include special invites and thank you notes. I liked it and thought it was worth it for one time but it is not something that I would be doing fr her every year.

Lara

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stop at the front desk - they have a birthday badge your DD can wear. We ate at the cafe and Rachel got a candle in her choc. mouse. They only sing to the kids who have the actual parties though. There are not gift bags for your birthday. Although if you use a PS they might have some.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Go for it Taffy! They will be shocked!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When we were there they asked at the end of the meal if we were celebrating anyone's birthday. Without thinking, I mentioned that we were there for my b-day (which was true, but my actual b-day isn't until June). Then I realized what must be coming! I told our server it wasn't necessary, but he came out with a candle in my dessert and a pin that said it was my birthday. I managed to keep them from singing Happy Birthday (which I would have been fine with if it had been closer to my actual b-day!), but I did hear them singing it at a few other tables.
    They didn't say anything about a goody bag, but that's a good idea - maybe if you have a PS they could arrange that?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gee gosh, next Monday is my birthday. Perhaps I should fly down to AGPLA to celebrate... Alas, I have a fence to repair that will take the whole long weekend. Sigh.

Taffy