Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

The summer is more than half over and it seems like so many people here have met other board members, whether at AGPs, the MCM sale or just coming to each other's homes or towns. I've never met even one, and I live in close proximity to AGPC(about 45min).

I really, really want to meet other board members, and what better place than AGPC! I don't know any adult or teen in real life who even likes AG, and I would love to meet some people that I have my greatest hobby in common with. I want to meet some of the people behind the words and pictures I see all the time and love so much.

I've also never brought a doll to AGP, and I've said this many times-I will only bring a doll if I'll be with other adults who also have dolls. I don't have much $ to buy very much, but even if I only take some pics and talk to people it will be well worth it for me.

So, who is with me for a meetup at American Girl Place Chicago? Also, would it be alright if I ask board members on Playthings and Enthusiasts (2 other AG boards) as well? I would only post this post of my own, no one elses.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 29, 2006 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My grandparents live near NYC. I don't know when we're going next but I'll let you know!! I'd love to meet up too, I just don't know when I'll be going there.

Edit: my other set of grandparents live near Chicago... two AGPs in one!! YAY! I'll let the board know when I'm heading off to either AGP.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 29, 2006 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Kit, Kat, and Friends ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was considering going to Chicago this month (August), because I really wanted to check out the city and of course, AGPC. Do you have any time this month to meet up? I could see if I could swing it . . .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

With gas prices, tolls and parking, we don't get to go as frequently as we used to. I'd love to meet up with you, I've met several board members and everyone is *awesome*! [img]cool.gif[/img]

Sometimes I bring a doll with me to AGPC, but most of the time I don't because I usually wind up carrying at least one of the girls' dolls in addition to my own. So then I'm holding a BB, Kailey and Kit while trying to shop. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

We don't buy much at the store ourselves. Not when sales tax is 9% and I almost always have a discount code. They probably hate to see me coming, too, because when I go, I bring all my returns for the past few months. Does anybody else do that? I have a bad habit of buying and returning way too much. I do it with clothes, too. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My husband has a meeting he has to attend in downtown Chicago on November 9/10th and I want to go with him. He said, "What are you going to do while I'm in my meetings?" and I of course said, "Shop!" I don't have anyone to go with to AGP but will definately be spending the better part of the day there. I was thinking of posting when it got closer to see if anyone else from the boards would be there at the same time. I would love to meet up with you and any one else! It would be fun to meet other adults who love AG too because right now the only people who love AG as much as I do are my 7yr old dd and my mom!

emsmombuysdolls

Just let me know. I am down there at least once a month. I will be at the Emily party if anyone is interested.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great! I'm glad to hear that others are interested. I'd put a doll in a large tote bag so I could "hide" her on the El. If I'm hosting a traveling doll that would probably be the doll I would take.

As far as gas prices go, I also live walking distance to the El, which I always take when going to AGPC(unless I'm downtown for another reason) to avoid paying some $20 to park and about $3.30 a gallon for gas.

On one hand, I'd like to go before school starts in the last week of August, but on the other hand I'd like to see what sounds like a great big heap of new stuff, which I'm assuming from reading other threads, is coming out Sept.1.

Right now my schedule is pretty open, I have a few plans here and there. After school starts, I'll be available on most weekends. The only weekend I will for sure not be available is Sept. 15-17 because I'm going to a Girl Scout Leaders Camping retreat in Wisconsin (yay!), and I plan to take a VERY out-of-the-way detour to the AG Outlet on Friday before I check in early that evening!

It would be cool to come to AGP when I'm hosting a doll. I'm sure the doll would have the best time, and I'd like it too! [img]wink.gif[/img] I'm hosting several dolls over the next few months.

So the questions are:
    Would you guys prefer to wait until after the new releases or do this before summer vacation is over?
    What weekends/times would be best for people?
    What doll will you bring? (If you want to hide her in a tote if you feel self-conscious at times, it's OK)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm just a short Metra ride away and have never been. I would love to go! For others in suburban Chicago who don't want to pay the gas/toll/parking combination, Metra is offereing its $5.00 weekend rate everyday through labor day. Definitely worth the trip at that price!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katie, I'll be in Chicago in a few days for the Emily party, so I'd love to meet you. Check your PMs because I've just PMed you more about it. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sadly won't be at AGPC until the last weekend in October for a shopping trip. I kinda hope time hurries up on that, Kaya needs to be home NOW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast