Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

I am debating about getting a couple of mini AG dolls but I have a couple of questions...do the arms attach to the body like the regular AG dolls?, are they very durable and if i do get one wich should I get?

Thanks,

(the new girl)

----------------------------

My girls
    Jamie (agt4) and Jo (josefina) who cannot dicide if she wants to be a today girl or not.

Inactive Member ElizabethLover101's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have two, Feleicity and Kit. Their arms are just like normal AG arms, but you can move them back and forth and stuff [img]wink.gif[/img] Its not like their arms are glued to the sides of their body or anything.

I have an easy way of choosing one, whichever is your fave historical, you could get a mini-me of her! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am a fan of the mini dolls (though they ARE a little pricey!). I have Mini Nellie and Mini Kit and both are very cute. Their limbs appear to be strung just like a big AG (although I don't think it would be an easy task to restring them if something were to happen [img]smile.gif[/img] ). The main difference, of course, is the rooted hair (instead of a wig) and the painted-on eyes...well, and the size. [img]redface.gif[/img]

I have heard it's almost impossible to get a Mini Kirsten with acceptable hair (her braids are just too odd for a mini doll). My only issue with Mini Kit is that her sweater/camisole is just one piece, so you can't take off the jacket portion and let her go around with short sleeves. [img]frown.gif[/img] Well, and her shoes fall off something fierce. Mini Nellie never gives me any trouble! If you would like to make outfits for your dolls, Mini Josefina is probably the best choice; you can make her skirts VERY easily, and a piece of thick woven ribbon can easily be turned into a rebozo. Finally, of the few mini dolls I've seen in real life, Mini Kaya was hands down the prettiest.

Hope that helps a little! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Also, bookstores often carry AG minis. Samantha and Nellie were in a lot of stores when their movie came out, and now you can sometimes find Felicity and Elizabeth there too. [img]smile.gif[/img] If you can't find any in stores near you, you might try an online bookstore, as they sometimes have them at lower prices than the official Amerian Girl website.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 28, 2006 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Avione ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have two mini-Kit dolls. Their shoes do NOT stay on at all and one broke but otherwise they are OK. The sweater being one-piece is kind of annoying but it's just one less doll I have to change [img]wink.gif[/img] . Mini-Kat's hair is kind-of strange, and really poufy... but maybe that's just b/c she's new. My sister has Mini-Molly and her glasses tend to fall off. I wouldn't mail-order a mini-Molly or mini-Kirsten because of the braids. I'd get mini-Josefina or mini-Kaya.

Also... KEEP AWAY FROM DOGS. Mini-Kit no longer has a thumb on her left (?) hand.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Kit, Kat, and Friends:

Also... KEEP AWAY FROM DOGS. Mini-Kit no longer has a thumb on her left (?) hand.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><sigh> Our mini-Kit met an untimely end due to a dog...all that remains is her shoes (which were, of course, NOT on her feet at the time)...we all cried. We're still sad. Luckily mini Nellie, Josefina, Felicity and Elizabeth have survived. I'm sure Kit will be replaced soon (well, I KNOW she will since one came home from the MCM sale with me).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That is such a tragedy...i feel soooooo bad for her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a mini Kaya, Josefina & Felicity. Can you believe I purchased Kaya & Josefina at AGP in Chicago many years ago, before I ever got a full size doll. I never thought I would spend the money on the real thing, so a mini would have to do.

Anyway, Kaya is hands down my favorite as well. The detail on her clothing is really well done. She's a very pretty little doll.

I tend to like the mini dolls without the bangs...Molly, Kirsten & Samantha look too strange to me with those HUGE bangs.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Kenshinchan:
    My only issue with Mini Kit is that her sweater/camisole is just one piece, so you can't take off the jacket portion and let her go around with short sleeves. [img]frown.gif[/img] Well, and her shoes fall off something fierce.

Hope that helps a little! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have the shoe problem with mini Liz (she's the only one I have right now. Want them all, though. I am been keeping them off in fear of losing them! Also, she unlike big Liz, doesn't have earrings. Found this unfair, as well as misleading. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast