Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It never fails I am never right with Paypal!! Long ago, I bought a ring, well it was terrible when I received it, well seller offered refund, UNTIL he got it back, then told me he was keeping $100.00 of it!! Paypal wouldn't help since no delivery confirmation, etc.
    Well, Anyway lol Now I bought a doll computer desk and chair set, only to get it broken!!! Seller tells me too bad, she packed it like it came, and all is well, Well, She packed it all right, to where it would flop all in the box, so of course it broke. Paypal now wants ME to get a 3rd party (dealer) to give a quote for the damage!?! What?? This is crazy!! There are no Dealers here, lol I told them I had a picture of it, wouldn't that be good enough?? When I buy I don't win, when I sell I don't win! Just wanted to vent!!
    Thanks.
    [img]mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry. I hate when things like this happen. Do you have any sort of "doll hospital" or "doll repair shop" or even a furniture repair shop that could look at the piece for you, and say, "Yep- it's broke." I think that's really all pay pal needs- something from someone saying, "yep it's broke- it ain't worth nothin' now." Or "I'd charge $xx to fix it."

Good Luck!
    Jo

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Get Ag to be the 3rd party.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, saw where you are from Arkansas. Take it to the Doll Peddlar in Little Rock. Judy does a lot of buying and selling of both new and older doll items and should be a great resource. Obviously she doesn't sell American Girl, but she is familiar with their products.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Been there and so understand. It is worth following through and getting a 3rd party to look at the desk. If you know a toy store that has letter head it will work. Althought I did try toy's are us and they would not help.

Good Luck