Thread: Why will CS/ AGP not acknowledge release of Molly, ect?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We are planning a trip to Chicago in August. I called CS concerning the Club stars and the possiblity of "cashing then in" at such a late date (before Club closing). While I was on the phone I asked if Emily or any new Molly items would be available for early release. I asked only because we were at AGP last year the first week of August and as Club members were allowed to buy Elizabeth & Felicity's new meet outfits. I was inquiring as if this would be possible with Emily. The CS lady actually asked me, "who is this Emily you are referring to"? When I explained my question, she said CS has , "no knowledge of any such doll". I thanked her in disbelief and hung up. I then called AGP in Chicago and asked the same question. I was told, "if any new merchandise is being released, we have no knowledge of its expected dates". When I called last year to make reservations I was told about Elizabeth and her availability (I knew there was a new doll coming, but had no idea when). I was given instructions as to what to bring (Club membership cards) and where to go in the store to ask for the new items (back registers next to hospital admission desk) as they would not be available to "regular" customers. As I had not been fortunate enough to have found you kind people of this board yet, and that was our first trip to AGP, I was thrilled to be given this helpful information. So why the big secrecy with the release of Molly/Emily?

thepidget
    That's so odd that they would act like that. I have no idea if they were instructed to keep Emily a secret, but it stinks that they wouldn't tell you about her. [img]frown.gif[/img] If anything, they should be creating buzz around their new product (and also the upcoming Molly movie).

Thumbs down to them. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Isn't odd how some CS don't know anything while others do? Two weeks ago I called to see if an item was still available since it said sold out online. The CS rep I talked to knew about Emily and we both talked about how excitted we were about her being released around Sept.

Do you think AG uses some employment services to fill if they have employee's off/missing it would explain why some know nothing about what is coming out?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AG has not made the offical announcement of the movie yet. When I was ordering last time, I chatted with the CS lady. I made reference to Molly and she got very defensive saying they don't know which movie is next. She even made note that it could be Kit.

I told her Mattel let the secret out of the bag.

She was completely shocked (if she didn't know - she should an oscar).

k

thepidget

Originally posted by Kym:
    AG has not made the offical announcement of the movie yet. When I was ordering last time, I chatted with the CS lady. I made reference to Molly and she got very defensive saying they don't know which movie is next. She even made note that it could be Kit.

I told her Mattel let the secret out of the bag.

She was completely shocked (if she didn't know - she should an oscar).

k
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Odd... I talked to an AGPLA employee around the time of the store's grand opening, and she was very open in knowing that the Molly movie was coming out next. I also appreciated her honesty.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe the explanation is that some CS and PS at AG read this board and that's how they know what's coming while their colleagues don't. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ashley1972

I agree with auri. Last weekend I spoke to a CS person and she had no idea about Emily and didn't want to believe me until I told her how we found out. She excitely asked how to get to the message board to see what Emily looks like.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since the AG Club is closing for good on August 15th, us club members *might not* be able to pre-order Emily at all. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with you all! I was just hoping it may be possible to get a "sneak peak" like last year. They had Merriman's Store set up in a back room with all the new items that were soon to be released. It was a very exciting thing that my DD was allowed back there. It made her first trip to AGP even more memorable! Maybe I will try calling AGP back next month and see if I can get someone who knows about the release dates. I'm afraid they wont have any special deals for Club members this time around though [img]frown.gif[/img] It's just that the help and advise we received prior to last years trip was so great, I was hoping for a repeat! Did I mention that last year was suppossed to be that "once in a lifetime experience"? My DH, tells everyone he HAS to make another trip to Chicago to take his wife back to AGP!! And he will take DD along for the ride [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was told by my PS, that they are supposed to "not know" about releases. But since she knew I knew we talked about it for a while. A couple of months ago I told another and she really didnt know. I gave her the web adress to curts site (I wasnt here yet) and she said she would look later. She was pretty excites as Molly was her favorite! [img]smile.gif[/img]