Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My first thoughts were..hey, she looks like Marisol.

However, I don't think your Marisols are 'less special,' because..they ARE each Marisol. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] They have her clothes, her story. (I'm just thinking what my DD's response would've been if she owned a Marisol. She'd probably also think it made her doll 'less special.' [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img] )

A few years back, we passed up the chance to buy Kailey, because she looked so much like one of the AGOTs. Now, I regret that we didn't buy her. No other doll is 'Kailey.'

The new doll can be (as others have said,) a twin, a cousin, a sister, but there's only one Marisol. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Hope that makes some of you feel better. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AG Mommy,

I totally agree! Marisol is Marisol and she's special no matter what. But now everyone who adores Marisol and/or wants another girl who closely resembles her can have one. I'm already thinking up names for #24 (did I get the # right?) when she arrives...

Mandy or Amanda
    Isabella or Isobelle
    Phoebe
    Carmen

This has been such a great day!

Katie

prasnlrd

Great thread! I am just glad AG exists. They cannot make everyone happy. I first thought she is Marisol too; but hey! I have 8 Addy morsels and each one is different.

I will probably be getting #28 later down the road. She is a beautiful doll!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It HAS been a great day, hasn't it? How lucky we are to be able to see the new items before they appear on the website!

DD (Elizabethlover101) just saw these pictures, and, wouldn't you know.. (she said) 'She's Marisol with shorter hair!' Then she broke into a smile..'I want her next!'

HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, the problem I have with the new AGoT looking like Mari is that just opens up a whole can of worms for potential scammers and ebay.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by prasnlrd:
    I will probably be getting #28 later down the road. She is a beautiful doll!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Did she?? Did she just say... *faints*

I wish they just changed the hair color alittle.. Looks like Marisol with a haircut. IMO. But she is lovely!

I like #27!!!

[img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

T. Lynn

I just ordered #27 tonight. Once she arrives, I'm going take some pictures of her next to #22 before I decide which one to keep for my daughter.

Felicity_Fan85

That's a good way of thinking of it. Also, more people have the potential of making her into Francisca in case they didn't get Marisol in time to do that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If she did come to our house...her name would have to be Tori. She looks exactly like DD's friend!!!

JenniferRobin

Another big difference between these two dolls is the wigs. The new Marisol lookalike is cute, but her wig is thinner, shorter, and doesn't have the shorter hairs in it (to cover the wig matrix) that make pigtails and updos so easy on Marisol. I don't see the new doll devaluing existing Marisols at all. They are cute and I'm sure lots of people will appreciate the differences.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast