Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My mom and Dad won't let me sell my My Twinn!

Inactive Member american-girl-fan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't like her and all I want is to get is Samantha's collection! I am never ever going to be able to get Samantha and Kirsten's collections besides furniture!! And it's all because my parents are like "this will mean a lot to you when you are older blah blah blah"

[img]mad.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Samantha_Nellie_Felicity's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's too bad.

But if you do sell you My Twinn, someday you might regret it, and it probably mean a lot to you in the future.

[img]wink.gif[/img]

Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Even if you did sell it, you wouldn't have enough money to get a ton of Samantha and Kirsten things. I'm not sure how much My Twinn dolls go for but I do know that when you are in the process of getting a whole collection you end up getting some things "just because" and that way you have them. At least this is how it is for me. These items then might not mean as much to you later on than this doll could. At least this is what I think....I really don't know. You never know what you will think of her in a few years, and meanwhile make the best of her. She's going to be there so you could always try to love her a little [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can understand your parents views and yours, but someday this doll will mean alot to you so set her a side and just display her for now.

Mrs C has some great ideas on earning money. Cans yes pop cans are around $.70 to $.80 pound right now and a pound which is about 12 cans. Have friends and relatives help you save cans. It adds up fast. Really! My girls save cans and do extra chores to earn AG money.

Also just maybe your parents/grandparents were or are planing to buy you Samantha for Christmas or a birthday. We've been know to do do things like this.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 19, 2006 02:53 PM: Message edited by: caroloto ]</font>

T. Lynn

Trust your parents. I have NO TOYS from my childhood and wish I did.

One day, my aunt was having an auction on their house and items. We went there before anything was listed for the sale. There was a doll baby that my daughter loved and asked if she could have her. My aunt told her she could because it was mainly my doll. You should have seen the look on my face when my daughter showed me the doll she was referring to. Everytime my cousin and I visted my aunt (lived next to my grandmother), I'd grab my doll to play with.

I totally forgot about it and now everytime I look at her, she reminds me of playing at my aunt's house. Sorry to say this, but she's not a pretty baby (bald, hard plastic, etc...) but I love having her here and won't trade her for the world!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with your parents...someday it will mean a lot. You can always get Samantha and you will not be able to replace your My Twinn.

Inactive Member american-girl-fan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

I already do have Samantha though, check my sig. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Well I'm one baby step closer to getting Samantha's collection besides furniture (I don't have space for all of it) because I just bought her school dress! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by caroloto:
    I can understand your parents views and yours, but someday this doll will mean alot to you so set her a side and just display her for now.

Mrs C has some great ideas on earning money. Cans yes pop cans are around $.70 to $.80 pound right now and a pound which is about 12 cans. Have friends and relatives help you save cans. It adds up fast. Really! My girls save cans and do extra chores to earn AG money.

Also just maybe your parents/grandparents were or are planing to buy you Samantha for Christmas or a birthday. We've been know to do do things like this.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ August 19, 2006 02:53 PM: Message edited by: caroloto ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Opp's missed that you already have Samantha! I need to read those signatures.

What is the next item you're wanting to get for Samantha?

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also think that if you sell your MyTwinn, you will end up regretting it in later years.

Hang in there with the agony and the ecstasy of saving up [img]wink.gif[/img]

Joy

Donna Cotterman

I am a grandma... your parents have given you a doll. Perhaps not the doll you desire but it was a gift from them. I never had a doll to remind me that my parents loved me enough to purchase one for me. Please do not sell a memory.

Samantha is beautiful but you can get Samantha yourself... just a little slower. I suggest, if you are old enough..chores for cash, collect aluminum cans and sell to recycle center, baby-sitting pets and children. Save your money and then see if your parents or grandparents will go halves with you.
    Be patient, young Jedi. Things that are worked for, hoped for and finally attained are life lessons to be learned and remembered. Respect your parents wishes and tell them of your goal to work for Samantha... then stay on target. It won't be easy but stash the cash... then buy the dream doll.
    Please keep us posted as to your progess. I for one am cheering for you. Big Hug! ^j^ Mrs.C.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast