Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My mom and Dad won't let me sell my My Twinn!

Inactive Member american-girl-fan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by caroloto:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by caroloto:
    I can understand your parents views and yours, but someday this doll will mean alot to you so set her a side and just display her for now.

Mrs C has some great ideas on earning money. Cans yes pop cans are around $.70 to $.80 pound right now and a pound which is about 12 cans. Have friends and relatives help you save cans. It adds up fast. Really! My girls save cans and do extra chores to earn AG money.

Also just maybe your parents/grandparents were or are planing to buy you Samantha for Christmas or a birthday. We've been know to do do things like this.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ August 19, 2006 02:53 PM: Message edited by: caroloto ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Opp's missed that you already have Samantha! I need to read those signatures.

What is the next item you're wanting to get for Samantha?
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I want to work on all of her outfits. I just bought her school dress (YAY!) and will probably get her lunch next and then start on her Christmas collection, then Birthday (but not the pitcher or table and chairs) collection, then summer (I might already have it all though..), then winter.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I understand how you feel - it's frustrating when your parents won't let you do something and say it's because you'll "appreciate it later." However, in this case I do agree with them. You may not love your My Twinn doll now, but many years down the road she will be a sweet reminder of you as a child, and even more special because she was a gift from your parents. If you sell her, you may very well regret it later. Since she's here to stay, I would consider rewigging her if you are really frustrated with her hair being frizzy (which I seem to remember you saying in another thread). There are lots of nice wigs out there that will fit a My Twinn, or you could even send her in to the My Twinn doll hospital and they will fix up her hair for you. Maybe you will like playing with her more if her hair is nice again. You could also check the My Twinn website for any new outfits you like. They seem to have a lot of sales and you could probably find something for a pretty cheap price. Perhaps new hair and a cute new outfit would make her seem more fun!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Twinn dolls make awesome big sisters for the AG dolls. They also look super adorable with a baby in their lap. If you find ways to inlcude your My Twinn doll more often when you play, I think you will soon bond with her and be happy that you kept her. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    If she is a little worn looking or has frazzled hair, those things are just indications of the time that she has spent with you and loved you. They should make her even more special. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    If you take care of her, I think you will feel even better about her and about yourself. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Adding a little perspective -- maybe you should read the post Random AG Chic started and think about how you could help someone else for a change?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From the perspective of a parent/grandparent - it may be that the My Twinn doll your parents gave you is a reminder to them of your younger self, and as such, has more meaning to them than it does to you right now. If you really want nothing to do with that doll right now (although I really like Mary's suggestion of using her for a big sister to your AG girls), maybe you could ask your Mom if she would like your My Twinn doll to come and sit on your parents bed for awhile. Showing your parents that you are thinking of them and their feelings more than you are thinking of yourself, goes a long way toward showing them that you are growing up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know it's disappointing and frustrating right now, especially because you wanted to use that money for something else that is important to you. But the My Twinn doll is more than just a doll that can be bought and sold...she was meant to be a tangible memory of who you were at a certain time in your life. Even if you don't relate to her any longer, she has a cherished place in your parents' hearts, just as you do. You'll get the other things that you want in time. But parting with this little doll-memory would really cause nothing but hurt...for your parents now and most like for you someday, because you'd regret it. Set her aside if you're not interested in playing with her, but don't get rid of her. That would be like parting with a little piece of yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12