Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just got Emily today. For everyone who has Emily, how thick is her hair? Because mine seems to have very thin hair around her temples. I havn't bought a new AG doll since 1994 when I got Kirsten. Kirsten's hair was thicker compared to Emily's.

I know some people have complained about Emily having bald spots. Mine dosen't have bald spots per se, but you only have to pull her hair back a little to see where the wig is attached.

Is this just the way her hair is? Should I send her back and get a different Emily? How thick are the newer doll's hair these days?
    I reallly need advice.

Naomi_S

I think they are all like this now.

Our Jess has thin hair but all of them I have seen do as well.

horselvr2

I think that's how my Emily's hair is like...I'm not really sure what you mean though, It would be easier if you could post pics of your emily's hair.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jess has the sme prob!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was afraid of this. The new dolls aren't as sturdy (mine can barely stand on her own) and the hair isn't as thick. I guess this is just the way the Mattel dolls are. I doubt I'll replace my doll, because it seems that's just the way the dolls are now.

Just curious, does Nellie have thicker hair?

Hostboard Member christiangassand's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Thickness of Hair?

It's not uncommon for dolls to have variations in their hair thickness, especially if they are produced at different times. However, if you are concerned about the thinness of your Emily's hair, it's worth considering exchanging her for a different one to see if you notice a difference. As for newer American Girl dolls, their hair thickness may vary as well, but it's hard to make a general statement without knowing the specific doll. One suggestion you might consider is trying a red lace front wig to see if it adds volume to your doll's hair. Lace front wigs can be a great way to customize your doll's look and can help cover any areas of thinness or unevenness.