Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

I'll be editing the eBay Wishlist sticky next week.

Keep your post as short as possible by:
    </font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Keeping to the limit of 5 retired AG items</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Removing obtained items, not striking through them and/or noting that an item has been acquired</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When you update your post, delete previous ?Edited by? entries created by prior edits. There should only be one "Edited by" entry per post!</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tick, tock, tick, tock [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please forgive me for asking a silly question...

Does this mean that only RETIRED items can be on your wishlists?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The eBay Wishlist was started to help members find those overly expensive, hard-to-find retired items at more reasonable prices. Sometimes an auction would be mis-categorized, poorly described, or a great BIN. Someone would inevitably post about the listing, including a link. Then the price would sky-rocket and it would no longer be a bargain.

When currently available items are added to wish lists, it makes the posts even longer and harder to go through. Part of the reason the system works is because when there are shorter lists, it's easier to remember what item(s) are desired. Then when you see a listing for an item, you can go to the Sticky and PM the first couple of people with the item on their Wish List.

When the list gets cluttered with too many items, extra information, long signatures, etc., it's much longer and more difficult to navigate. Right now, the Sticky is 4 pages. I haven't ever deleted an item from a member's WishList and I won't.

Abiding by the guidelines is the best way to get what you dearly want the fastest. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Tracy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Understood- Thank you for the clarification. I will delete my wishlist ASAP, all it has is a couple of current items I am looking for parts of, like Toshi the monkey. *EDIT: I removed the current things.. there was one little retired thing I would like to have.*

I feel really lucky that I am not searching for retired items, and I wish the very best of luck to everyone who is searching for things that have been retired.

I will be keeping an eye on the wishlists, because I haunt ebay a lot, lol. [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 29, 2006 05:19 PM: Message edited by: American_Mommy ]</font>