Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In mid September I put a few things up for bid and one of my items (Kirsten's check dress) which is retired went for over $100. Then just after the auction ended the person emailed me telling me that she didn't think it was fair for the other bidders to have to go so high because she 'accidentally' put in a bid of 7,035.45. She said she meant to put in 70.00. First of all this seemed a little fony seeing how they ask you like three times before you place your bid and that's a lot of numbers to press but I gave her the benefit of the doubt and said I would offer it to the next highest bidder. When the next highest bidder didn't respond I told her that she would have to purchase the item. She got very angry in her email and said she couldn't believe that I couldn't understand what happened and that she felt so bad the other bidder had to go so high. About two weeks later I emailed her because I still had not received payment. I expect payment within 7 days. She then emailed me and said I would receive payment but I was the only one benefiting from the auction. To this day I still have not received payment and she just called me a week and a half ago and told me a money order was on it's way. She sounded like she had a few screws loose. I just can't believe people. I also see she has done this two other times on record where it takes over a month before she says she will pay and then doesn't.

I don't know what to do now. Do you think I should report it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would just contact her and tell her that you are relisting the item and that if her money order ever does arrive, you will just return it to her. You shouldn't have to wait until she is done playing games to get your money. That outfit is very coveted on eBay, so you will do well to sell it to someone else who IS going to pay. Unfortunately, she can leave negative feedback for you, though -- but hey, she might do that anyway.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have seen that dress sell many times on eBay and $100 does seem like the average going rate. I think your bidder got cold feet after winning. I think the bidder probably put in a huge bid to ensure a win, but didn't expect another bidder to go as high. The person who won your auction bid irresponsibly. Since the bidder did not follow through with the terms of the auction by paying in a timely manner, you have every right to leave a negative feedback saying you didn't recieve payment. I think other sellers need to be aware that this bidder has not followed through with the payment so they don't get burned too. I would also suggest reporting this to eBay, because if you don't you will have to pay final value fees on $100 even though you didn't actually get paid. As an ebay seller myself, I would recommend that you either check the feedback of your bidders or you can set perameters for bidders you will allow on your auctions. They will let you refuse certain bidder such as those with no feedback or negative feedback. As the seller, you also have the right to cancel bids that have been placed on your items. This might be useful if you see a person who has multiple negative feedback for not paying.

I don't think you will have any trouble selling this dress because it is retired and it seems like many people want it. You could relist it with a Buy it Now of $100 or best offer. You can also require that if a person buys it now that they pay immediately with paypal. That way you will be sure to get paid promptly.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would email her one more time telling her that if you don't get payment within one week that you will give her negative feedback, report her, relist the item and then follow through with that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like maybe this buyer receives money once a month. Bids on items before the first of the month, then tries to hold off sending the money or tries to back out of the deals because the funds aren't available. Like in your case where as you emailed her she would have to complete the auction, she has to stall until the first of Nov. for funds to send the money order.

If I were you I would just wait a few more days to see if the money order comes since todays only the 2nd of Nov. before relisting it. If still you don't receive the money order I would let ebay know, hoping the listing and selling fees will be refunded, then relist it.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 02, 2006 03:22 PM: Message edited by: caroloto ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would report it to ebay too, as a non pay bidder. Might be too late to get your fees back though, because this should be done within 30 days. Good luck!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just looked at my ebay summary and the buyer is no longer regestered with ebay. I requested her information and will try to call her one more time and then relist. Thanks for your suggestions.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was going to suggest filing that non-paying report immediately because those do more good as far as getting someone booted from ebay than a neg ever does. But since she's already NARU (not a registered user) I hate to say this but I really don't think you'll get your money. I'm not sure there's anything ebay can do about a NARU member and you can't leave feedback either. At least if she didn't leave you any, she shouldn't be able to now.

I feel so bad for you, but do file to get your listing fees back. When someone is NARU, you get them back no questions asked as long as it's not been too long a span of time passed. Good luck! You'll sell it next time around. As others have said, you can reserve the right to cancel bids of anyone whose feedback looks questionable. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A classic case of "buyer's remorse..." I just had this happen to me, too. I listed a white body samantha doll on ebay with a buy-it-now of around 70 bucks because one of her eyes is missing almost all of the eyelashes. I thought that was a fair price because the person who would get her would have to get an eye replacement done. Well, she sold within seconds of listing her to one of those people who is constantly buying and then reselling on ebay (she shall remain nameless!) That person then emailed me and asked if she could back out because she realized the doll wasn't perfect AFTER she had completed the buy-it-now option. I was amazed at that because I not only had a detailed description but I had a big picture of the eye right there on the page so bidders could see the flaw! I let her out and relisted and requested that she send me a payment to cover my listing fees (which she did). It's a shame when things like that happen though...I hope this buyer/seller learned from this.

I learned, too...next time I will require that my bidders pay immediately through paypal if using the buy-it-now option. That way the payment has already gone through, and it's too late for buyer's remorse to stop the sale.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If she is now listed as unregistered on ebay, she has probably done this before. If a member becomes unregistered, ebay can't/won't make them pay but you can request your fees back and relist.

Sorry this happened to you. Things have been strange on ebay lately it seems.

Faith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast