Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I read the care and keeping of you,two years ago.I went on Americangirl.com,and I went to shop to see the other books they had.Then I saw the dolls.I was creeped out by dolls,and quickly went back to neopets.Then,I saw Lissie's movie,and I was hooked,but by that time,I forgot there were dolls and books.About a year later on St.Pats day,we watched the dancers, and when we started walking down fifth avenue,we saw AG place.My Mom (litteraly) dragged me into AG place,and I looked at the JLY dolls,and my mom said there was an upstairs,so we headed up stairs,but not before me glancing at the book Meet Felicity.We walked around the store and I looked at Lissie,than at the price,and I quickly slammed it down.My mom asked me how much,I nodded my head no.She knew what that meant.She asked me if I really wanted her,and I nodded yes.She told me to get the accesories and 1 outfit.I took the riding habit,and we were out of there.I realized the dolls were pretty,really pretty.Since than,I've gotten my other beautiful dolls,Molly,Kaya,and Kirsten.(soon there will be Sam)

MapleLeaf

My daughter and I were watching Oprah's Favourites show back in the fall of 1999. She showed the audience an Addy doll and talked about the American Girl store that had opened up in Chicago. We looked up AG on the internet and ordered a catalog. My daughter got her first doll for Christmas 2000 and I bought Molly for myself in the summer of 2002.
    Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My sister had always been raving on & on about American Girl dolls, she didn't have any but wanted one in the worst way. She showed me a catalog that she had. One day I was in a thrift store and saw a doll wearing what I believed looked like Kit's meet outfit. I went running across the store to grab the doll (ha ha), it turned out to be a Samantha doll wearing Kit's outfit YAY!! She was marked $5.00!! I was so thrilled, I knew my sister would be out of her mind with joy. I decided to give her the doll Christmas, so I got to enjoy her for several months before time to give her away.

I found myself falling in love with this doll, so I HAD to buy one for myself so I could give my sister the bargain that I had originally found.

Now it is 5 years later, and both of us have several more AG dolls in our collections [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I?ve been collecting other dolls for quite a while now, most of them are fashion dolls, with the occasional child fashion doll (Ann Estelle, Riley) in between.

I first came across AG dolls earlier this year when I was cruising ebay for Teen Trends outfits which fit some of my 16" fashion dolls, because of the Hopscotch Hill girls who have a very similar body to the Teen Trends.

Trying to find out more about the Hopscotch Hill dolls, I came across some AG sites, and this board, and all the albums with the beautiful pictures... and that was it.

Now, a Felicity from ebay has moved in with me (she?s still getting some spa treatment as she had a stain near her eyebrow, I want to introduce her and take some nice pictures when she?s finished and presentable :-) ) and I?m finding myself liking Addy... and Josefina... and Samantha... and Molly... and Nellie... and some of the Today Girls... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh [img]smile.gif[/img]

I mainly like the dolls because they?re cute and the historical aspect is very fascinating - even though I haven?t really worked out yet if I want my own Felicity to be the historical character from Colonial times or a different character from different times. At one time before she had arrived, I thought of making her Anne of Green Gables but... then she arrived, and Anne wasn?t really *her* (though she might dress up as her some time).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I read the books when I was in third grade (all of Felicity's, Kirsten's, and one or two of Samantha's). I received the catalogs in the mail, but my mom thought that I was too "playful" to have such an expensive doll. Years later (13 years!), I was babysitting and saw that the girl had a Bitty Baby doll and received the catalog in the mail. I went through it with her and realized how much I missed going through those catalogs. Later, I found myself perusing the AG Web site and searching for a community just like this one. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Erin

Inactive Member QueenNellieElizabeth's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Kindergarten and Second grade teacher. Her daughters loved AG so she must've given my mam a cataloge then I got my first in second grade. I had two teacher in grade school who loved them, my 5th grade teacher wanted Kaya, I dont know if she ever got her though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was years and years ago, let's see what I can remember, lol. I distinctly remember reading Samantha's books before I ever saw a catalog. I don't remember how many more I might have read before we finally got a catalog.

I do remember when it finally arrived, it was summer of 1994. My sister and I spent hours poring over it because Mama had told us we could each have one for Christmas. My sister decided pretty quickly on Kirsten because she's always loved prairie stuff. I was debating between Molly and Felicity. It's a very good thing Josefina wasn't out yet or I never would have been able to make up my mind!

Finally went with Molly since I knew somebody who had Felicity. Bought and read all the books. We have all of them now but Kaya.

12 years later I'm waiting impatiently for the middle of the month so I can buy Emily, who will be my ninth! Then come spring I'm getting #25.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12