Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite "sick" movie and "sick" doll.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Last week, I was feeling miserable with a cold-most of the day I just wanted to lounge around.

Anyway,

I always have sick movies-particularly Beauty and the Beast-I think I watched it about ten times that week.

My sick dolls are: Nellie, Emily and Kit. Mostly because I feel like I can cuddle and sleep with them without ruining their hair. I don't like sleeping with the long haired dolls. Emily shared the bed with me all last week!

-Jordyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree... when I just feel like cuddling I either cuddle with one of my bitties or Kit or Lindsay. I also like cuddling with Abby tho, because she's my first doll. A few nights ago I slept with Abby and the twins!

Felicity_Fan85

Hmmm... for movies I think it would depend. I don't have specific "sick" movies. Maybe Land Before Time? Who knows, but probably something cute and not too long.

Sick dolls-well... I usually cuddle up with a stuffed animal more so I'd probably choose a stuffed animal and have one doll near me, but like on a tabel or something.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Definitely Molly and Kit, my most cuddly dolls!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I'm sick I watch talk shows. I like to cuddle with Kit because she has a thick, soft body and floppy legs which make her cuddlier.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My favorite "sick" movies are A Little Princess and The Secret Garden (90s versions) and any chick-flick/disney movie work too. So does "The Parent Trap" (also 90s version).
    I usually cuddle up with stuffed animals, particularly Elmo and Stitch (the originals)and the huge ones when I am really sick (as they make good pillows). My favorite dolls to cuddle with though are definitely Kit and Kat. Lately Harper has been sleeping in my bed, but I have a double bed and there is a giant Elmo between us so her hair doesn't get messed up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been sick the last few days also with a bad cold, but I've either just had the TV on or turned it off to sleep. I don't have a lot of DVDs, I could watch probably any of them if I felt up to it. I have Little House seasons 1-3, Wizard of Oz, Mona Lisa Smile, Pleasantville, Now and Then, and of course Samantha and Felicity!

I've felt the need to read the AG stories with people being sick-Kit Uses Her Head(in the new Kit Short Story book), Changes for Molly, Felicity's Surprise, etc. I also think that the Bitty Twins and my stuffed animals make the best friends for cuddling when in bed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Josefina and Kim (PM Asian AGT) are my favorite dolls to cuddle when I'm sick. Josefina because her clothes are soft and her hair is usually braided so it's hard to mess up; Kim because she is very plump and soft and nice to hold. I don't sleep with any of my dolls, though - I don't find it very comfortable. That's reserved for Freddie, my ancient teddy bear I've had since birth.

Movies I like when I'm sick are old Shirley Temple movies and Looney Tunes cartoons. That's what I always watched when I was a kid and home sick, and watching them now makes me feel somewhat comforted.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I cuddle up with my bitty baby and read a comic book like Garfield. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My all time favorite "sick day movie" is Pollyanna with Hayley Mills. I always watched it when I got to stay home from school. Then, my favorite "sick doll" was Cassie. She came to me when I was sick with a particularly bad stomach flu. Now, it would be Sophia, she is very cuddly.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 26, 2006 12:29 AM: Message edited by: ColonialGirl ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast