Thread: *PICS ADDED* Got some new AG stuff today! Reviews!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I received my latest AG package today. Idid use the expired free shipping code. My invoice in the box does not have a shipping charge on it, but it hasn't shown up on my debit card statement yet. Pics coming soon.

Red and Blue for Two(Bitty Twins): I absolutely love these outfits! My Bitty Twins only had one outfit until now-the aqua and purple play outfits. I wanted to get them a summer outfit and I've had my eye on these for months now. The outfits look great not just on the twins, but on the regular 18in dolls as well(both of them). All the pieces of this set fit the 18in dolls except the shoes. I recommend this set for everyone, even if you don't have bitties, for your AGOT dolls. The boy's cap is a bit tight on the boy's head, but that is the only very minor drawback. The shoes are well made and very sturdy, and the girl slide ons have a velcro strap to keep them on. Worth it, especially on sale this month!

Molly's Mess Kit- Came with several metal pieces, a vinyl sit upon with camp logo that you lace up yourself(red lace-up cord included) and a mini Tribune Newspaper of D-Day. I think I like the newspaper the best. The metal mess kit fits together for storage, and there is a green storage bag.

Mini Trading Card Albums-The only reason why I bought these was to get the exclusive bonus card that comes with this set(Sam and Nellie, cover pic of Sam's Friendship Fun book). They're cute, but I prefer my cards all together in an album or binder instead of each girl seperately like how this is set up. I bought official AG card albums on ebay and I use those for all my trading cards. I have almost every trading card in 3 AG binders. The cardboard outsides are cute with pictures of characters, and I may cut them up before throwing the mini albums out.

Poolside Plaid outfit-I bought this outfit more than 2 months ago from the Oshkosh outlet, but it wasn't until today that I put it on a doll. I like the colors and style but I think the dress is kind of short. I wonder if it's called Poolside Plaid because it's meant to be a swimsuit cover up or something. I think it would look good on Bitty Baby or twin girl.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 07, 2006 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon (Katie from IL) ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wow you got a lot of stuff, take pics of the twins when you get a chance...I love those outfits...I also have Molly's mess kit it is exactly like the old girl scout mess kit...you could use it with the girl scout uniform...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I actually did take pictures, but for some reason only 2 of them showed up on imagestation. The others say "Generating Preview Check back soon". I may have to re-download those pics.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok Here are the pics! [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] I was having trouble with imagestation and had to re-download some of the pictures. The new pics start at #29.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...1742913&idx=29

prasnlrd

Congratulations! You bought some very nice items! That Bitty outfit is so cute! Your pictures are making me re-think getting Molly's camp kit. It was real cute!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 07, 2006 07:35 PM: Message edited by: prasnlrd ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sheila, not to persuade you [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] ... Molly's mess kit is nearly exact to the one I used for years in Girl Scouts. It was my mom's, so was probably purchased in the early 1950s. The only difference is that Molly's does not have the gold GS logo on the green bag.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The mess kit also came with a flashlight and I somehow forgot about it when I was taking the picture.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katie, thanks for the pics. I bought the twins outfit last year. I gave the boy outfit to my nephew for his Jack. I was going to give the girl one to my little niece but we didn't see them last summer. I think I will keep it for us. We just found out they won't be making the family trip to the beach again this year. I send her things for her doll (we are her godparents) but never get much of repsonse form my SIL. I did get her the rainbow activity board so I don't feel bad keeping the outfit.

I got the poolside plaid for my mom's doll. My mom likes it short because she says it reminds her of when I was little. We wore them that short.

I still debating Molly's stuff. DD doesn't really play with the accessories but since Molly is her main collection we might regret it.

Thanks again. Enjoy your stuff!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katie,

Thanks so much for the reviews and pictures. I'm so glad that you let your 18 inch AGs model the Bitty Twins Red, White and Blue set. I was thinking that it might look cute on the bigger dolls and it definitely does. I'm going to order it now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I untied the straps on the Poolside Plaid and re-knotted them to make them a little longer so the dress wouldn't be so short. I was reluctant to untie them and my knots aren't as pretty but at least the dress goes down to about her knees so she can sit without her dress not going all the way up. [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]