Thread: I made a pact with my sibs and now I want to take it back!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

Before Emily was made me and my sibs decided this:
    Our main fave dolls (Samantha, Kit, Kaya, and Molly) The other brother or sisters can not get them or their best friend.

But now I realize that I really want Emily, and I think I'll want Ruthie she looks like in the books!! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] But I really really don't want anyone to get nellie! (Yep my one is samantha) [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] This is so unfair!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I guess this is a tad bit selfish of me. I just think Esmily is so pretty. [img]frown.gif[/img] *sniffle*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you and your siblings need to reconsider your "pact."

I am a mom, and both myself and my daughters love AGs. At first, I thought the same thing--that we wouldn't duplicate each others' dolls. But we just couldn't do that--the dolls are too cute, and my main argument against only having "one" of each in a family is that eventually, you will graduate and go away to school, a job, etc and you can't split a favorite doll!

So I see no harm in you and your siblings having two of one doll, or you having a "friend" doll when one of your siblings has the original historical she matches up with. These dolls are too special to not get the one that you really want.

Linda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree that you should change the pact. I think you should get whichever doll you want, and not have to worry abou breaking a pact. Hope that helps. [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 17, 2006 02:41 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I think thats right. I'm just worried if my brother and sisters will agree [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You should ask them. Maybe they are thinking the same thing. We also had a pact between DD and my nieces. For 2 years they did great and didn't repeat. Then, last year DD and one niece both wanted Felicity. That was the end of the pact. My sister and I also both have Lindsey and Addy. Of course we are grown women and don't live in the same house [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IF your siblings are OK with going back on the pact, that's OK, but if not, I'd say you should keep your word. I know the dolls are great, but you shouldn't get a doll at the cost of your siblings' feelings. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]