Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've heard this before from other people, but this is the first time I noticed.

I was just on americangirl.com, looking at all the pretty today morsels and viewing the closeups when it hit me.

Mattel's version of green eyes kinda freak me out. They've definitely changed since the Pleasant Company days, haven't they?

Because my Lissie doesn't have those eyes...Ack. Sorta tripped me out.

Also settled it in my mind--no Mattel green-eyed morsels for me! On one hand, at least it'll make me want fewer new girls.

I've concluded I really need more blondes. I'm starting to raise what looks like a brunette army in my room--Kailey stands out BIG time. My only blondes are Kailey and Kirsten.

Of course now 24 is appealing to me along with Nellie AND the dark haired girls I want such as 14, 4, 26...even 22 is calling me now after seeing so many pretty pictures of her in other people's albums. I never cared for her until all the albums... [img]eek.gif[/img]

I have to fight the Force. This is getting BAD.

thepidget

Yup, Janine. Green-eyed Mattel dolls scare me too. The first time I ever saw one was at AGP when I was looking over Felicity. Her eyes are just...blinding? They were too bright, IMO. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I totally agree about the Mattel green eyes - I find them a tad scary looking. My Felicity is pre-Mattel and has the loveliest, most realistic looking green eyes. I really wish they hadn't changed them to the crazy neon color they are now. I won't buy any of the Mattel green eyed girls, either, unless the eyes go back to a more natural look. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Would someone give me their opinion on my two Felicitys based on their eye color? I had always thought they were pre-Mattel but their eyes are still plenty bright IMO. I agree about the green eyes being too bright which is why the only green eyed dolls I have are Felicitys. I love the grey eyed and hazel eyed dolls and wish AG made more of them or even a softer blue or lighter brown eye. They are so much more realistic. My DD has green eyes but they look nothing like AG's which is a shame.

DSCN9021

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 03, 2006 11:07 AM: Message edited by: luv*AG ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The one on the left looks pre mattel, the one on the right looks mattel!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I felt that way too, but this summer at MCM, I saw AGT #8, and screaming green eyes or no, I HAD to have her. You actually get used to the eyes really quickly if the doll is special to you. Anne (my AGT8), looks perfectly natural to me now. So, if you really love a doll, but are worried about her eyes, you really will get used to them quite quickly [img]smile.gif[/img]

Felicity_Fan85

I think the way the green eyes look also has a bit to do with the lighting of the room. My Lissie is from 1997 and I think she has somewhere in between neon and subdued. But I'm not a good judge anyway. My eyes are, I think, green. Sometimes I can't tell but I don't see any brown in them unless it's mixed in very well. Mine are darkish.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I for one fell in love with my Lissie's bright eyes the minute I saw her.They're such a beautiful bright green(Green was my first favorite color).*hugs Lissie* The eyes stand out.I like that.

horselvr2

Yeah, that's the problem, I wish I had a PM Lissie! I have a mattel, I never really cared about the eyes until a little while ago, and I always think, "I really hate that her eyes look fake, and not more relistic".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The eyes don't look fake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast