Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The newer green eyes do tend to be extreme, especially compared to MAC Megan's pretty and realistic green eyes, but paired with dark hair, like the retired #10, they can be quite lovely. I didn't, and still don't like the new #6 and #19 too well, but #10's green eyes look so pretty! Especially the PM version's, but even a Mattel #10 looks great.

On the subject of Felicity, I didn't used to mind the newer, brighter eyes...until I saw my lovely 1991 Lissie!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by PrincessRuthie(Laura):
    On the subject of Felicity, I didn't used to mind the newer, brighter eyes...until I saw my lovely 1991 Lissie!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ahem... I believe my Lissie girl was the enabler on that front!

My 1992 Lissie and my friend's late 90s AGT both have the same exact green eyes. I wanted to take a picture of the two of them, but I forgot.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The one on the left looks pre mattel, the one on the right looks mattel!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're only saying that based on the hair color, and face shape. The eyes appear to be the same exact color.

I have a Mattel (2004) Felicity, and a PM red haired green eyed AGT (from 1996), and their eyes are the exact same color:

KittyFelicity

Personally, though I don't think ALL PM dolls have the neon green eyes, I think many do, and it was NOT Mattels fault they were changed. I have seen plenty of PM Felicity's on ebay with the neon green eyes (and also, of course, some with the less neon), and my own 1996 doll (who was a first run AGT, so it's not like that changed halfway through the year) has the same neon green eyes.

However, part of what makes them so creepy is that the Mattel dolls now have those black eyelashes. They make the green stand out more, whereas the lighter eyelashes, the dark blonde, or the auburn, make the green eyes seem, at least, natural.

Neon green eyes do appear in the world. Wikipedia under their Eye Color entry used to have a pic of very, very neon green eyes, the same color as my Felicity's. Someone has recently edited the pic to have the eyes be pretty much the same color as mine. So, I don't think it's too weird to have one or two dolls in the AG collection with the neon green eyes.

I have 3 green eyed dolls, MFelicity, PMAGT8, and MAGT10. They all have the neon green eyes, and honestly, none of them scare me. I think it's pretty, and a very unique color. And, as mayergirl said, you get used to it, even if it's a bit overwhelming at first.

However, being someone with actual green eyes, it's a bit annoying to see AG using an eye color that is very, very uncommon, when they could easily be using a very pretty realistic green eye color, that doesn't some scare people. Green eyes are so pretty, and quite uncommon (hazel eyes, not so much). Mine are a deep green, they're an olive color, but are still definitely green (people try and tell me they're hazel, because they're such a dark green, but there's no brown in them). Personally, I think it's a very pretty color. I think the hazel eyes AG has are very pretty, too, and I wish they'd use it on more dolls.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 03, 2006 12:03 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's my Felicity, she's from 1991 when she was first released, if that helps. I don't like the newer dolls with the glowing green neon eyes, I think its creepy [img]confused.gif[/img]

album1bo2

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stephanie!
    Whoa! Your lissie has gorgeous hair! Have you straightened it, put any products in it, etc? Its adorable and super long! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by wrx-gal:
    Stephanie!
    Whoa! Your lissie has gorgeous hair! Have you straightened it, put any products in it, etc? Its adorable and super long! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I think it looks long b/c its lost a lot of its curl, I remember it curling under a lot more when I first got her. I did do a downy dunk and used a little spray detangler. I also lost her little curls around her face- not sure whre they went..lol

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 03, 2006 12:58 PM: Message edited by: StephanieS ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I ageree with mayergirl. The green eyed girls eyes could be a little creepy and unrealistic but after awhile you just love them and hardly notice. Actually in the right light my Mattel Felicity's eyes look very pretty even if they aren't the most realistic. I'd buy a green eyed girl anytime!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 04, 2006 11:17 AM: Message edited by: AGLover ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12