Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm SURE they'll make more accessories. They seem to like to make doll purses, and really, Emily had to come from England with some sort of bag.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think there will be more to Emily's accessory set than what was shown in the picture. This is just a guess, but I'll bet her accessory set will come with her headband, sweater, scrapbook, purse and English coin. (or at least that's what I hope to see in her set!)

Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

If the accsessory set only includes a sweater and scrapbook, do you think they will charge $20 for that? If they do, I don't think I'll be happy. I could make my own scrapbook and sweter for her if I wanted!

Sorry for rambling, just had to share with someone.

But I have a strong feeling the headband we keep seeing her in IS part of the accsessories.

Comments? Theories? Opinons? Sorry, had to ramble and vent [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think what is shown in the picture is everything that comes with her accessories, AG just doesn't want to ruin the surprise by showing all the accessories.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

These dolls need RATION COUPONS, and Emily would need her British IDENTIFICATION PAPERS. I have a copy set of the ID papers children carried during the war that I got from the Imperial War Museum in London when I took Ruthie and Samantha there last year. Whoever has Ruthie - I hope they're still in her box (which by now must be simply huge).

Would they have to have the permission of the Brits to copy UK money? I know it would have King George on the coin. (Ruthie might have one of those coins as well - and I think I taped a British coin of some sort into her travel journal. Incredible that that was a year ago!)

But these two girls need those coupons. I've always been bummed that Molly never had them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Speaking of ration papers, I remember finding old ration papers among my grandparents' things. I'm not even sure if I kept them, but if AG doesn't make any replicas (which, knowing AG, I'm sure they won't [img]mad.gif[/img] ), I could take mine and shrink them down on my new scanner. That is, if I still have them.

I hope Emily has a purse. I'm still mad that Elizabeth didn't get one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AGCrayZee:
    These dolls need RATION COUPONS, and Emily would need her British IDENTIFICATION PAPERS. I have a copy set of the ID papers children carried during the war that I got from the Imperial War Museum in London when I took Ruthie and Samantha there last year. Whoever has Ruthie - I hope they're still in her box (which by now must be simply huge).

Would they have to have the permission of the Brits to copy UK money? I know it would have King George on the coin. (Ruthie might have one of those coins as well - and I think I taped a British coin of some sort into her travel journal. Incredible that that was a year ago!)

But these two girls need those coupons. I've always been bummed that Molly never had them.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Some of her collection was sent home already but I think the ID papers are in her scrapbook. The coin is there but fell out so I have to staple in back in before she leaves. Ruthie is currently in Italy and she remembered to bring her passport to get it stamped.

thepidget

Originally posted by AGCrayZee:
    These dolls need RATION COUPONS, and Emily would need her British IDENTIFICATION PAPERS.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Those are great ideas! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually, I think the sweater is part of her meet outfit and the headband is part of her accessories set. The scrapbook will probably be an individual accessory, and they will probably make her ID papers. Ration coupons are a good idea too. Probably will just be the standard AG fare: hat (headband in this case), necklace, hankie, purse, coin.

Stuff they probably WON'T make:

-Gas mask (LOL, could you imagine?)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by QNPoohBear:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by AGCrayZee:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Some of her collection was sent home already but I think the ID papers are in her scrapbook. The coin is there but fell out so I have to staple in back in before she leaves. Ruthie is currently in Italy and she remembered to bring her passport to get it stamped.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just checked and her ID papers, ration book ans everything else are safe in her scrapbook!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast