Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

personally i think your idea to make the doll is much better than actually buying it. it's made of plastic and really ugly and cheap. I ahd put off buying it forever but then it went on sale and i figured i might as well get it. even still it was a waste of money.

she has a little bit of a figure, and her eyes open and shut. her shoes are removable and so are the rest of her cloths. the fabric is a really stiff and harsh material. doesn't seem like she would be a fun doll...

her hair is also wierd. it stays in the position it got in from lying in the box for so long, os it has this permanent side sweep.

the box is kind of cute b/c of the mini stamps but the snow globe is a joke.

have fun making yours i'm sure it will be much nicer and cuter than the PC one.

meg

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Meg, thank you so much for your help! I think the doll I'm thinking of will be OK, but she's a "little girl" doll so she might look like a little girl playing dress up instead of a nurse. [img]wink.gif[/img] I'm sorry the AG version isn't very good. It looks like they've recently changed her to have painted on eyes, too! [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

actually i was wrong, my doll's eyes are painted on too. [img]confused.gif[/img]

meg

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"I'm not very accurate with my Molly because I gave her a teddy bear and Raggedy Ann"

Not sure why you think Raggedy Ann and a teddy bear wouldn't be historical for Molly. R.A. dates from the 20s (I think) and the teddy bear is celebrating its 100th birthday this year. So Molly would undoubtedly have had both!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been thinking for a while about making Molly's nurse doll--or rather, trying to find a little doll that looks similar and then making a nurse outfit for it. I don't like the Christmas box or the new design of the snow globe, so it would be wasteful to buy that collection. In truth, I don't much like the nurse doll, either! [img]wink.gif[/img] I'm not very accurate with my Molly because I gave her a teddy bear and Raggedy Ann since I don't like the nurse doll. But I'm wondering if I can find a cuter doll locally. I've seen a little "Kelly" doll (I think it is) that is reminiscent of it but a bit cuter.

I have questions, though: Is the doll plastic or resin or China, or...?

Does the doll have a "figure?" In one of my catalogs it looks like she does, but I'm wondering if it's a shadow.

Thanks!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 11, 2003 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JeanieD, in the books Molly doesn't seem to like dolls. But in the Christmas book she decides she wants a doll that could be a friend, and dreams about getting that type of doll. When I read that I figured she just didn't have any other dolls, but I could be wrong since she did have paper dolls and would have had things not mentioned in the books.

I got the doll finished yesterday--I wanted to avoid my homework--one of my profs apparently thinks we do nothing but sit and study with the amount he piles on. [img]frown.gif[/img] The doll I found ended up being too small, but I thought that was OK since dolls can be various different sizes. I got a scan up online:

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/FAST/dolls.html

The scan didn't turn out well, though!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 12, 2003 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ya know wasnt shirley temple pouplar then?? the other day i was picking up and i laid a mini baby born on top of lissie and she is a perfect size for the a.g. dolls. she looked really cute with her. the baby born's are a plain baby doll. oh, compostion dolls were pouplar then too, they are a sort of paper mache material. check out ebay in the vintage dolls and look for a miniture doll. who knows what you might find. have fun!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That doll looks wonderful, Melissa! [img]smile.gif[/img]

swazini

Your doll looks really good Melissa! I have been debating on whether or not I will eventually buy Molly's doll (plus box and snowglobe). I guess I kind of feel like "Why pay money for a cardboard box?" I might have to do some looking to see what I can come up with for Molly's doll. ALL my dolls want their own doll of course so that is another project of mine!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Susan, if you decide that you'd like to make one you can probably find something better than what I found. I just got the first one I thought remotely resembled the doll...and she really doesn't! Barbie non-fans plug your ears because my Molly has a Barbie now (well, a Kelly). [img]wink.gif[/img] I've also seen mini porcelain dolls, so I wonder if that would work for Samantha? But with her doll it looks like it would be better to just get the official one since the dress looks really difficult.