Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure these questions have been asked many times before, I apologize...

Does anyone know any specifics on the AG outlet in WI? My best friend and I are planning on taking a trip out there over 4th of July to get a little early Christmas shopping done for the kids. What kinds of items do they carry (factory seconds? Customer returns?), and are the prices discounted, or are they the same as the catalog?

Thank you so much!

D~

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The best time to go to the Outlet is for their once a year warehouse sale which is coming up in early June. There are no tickets needed and there is a lot of inventory. So, even though you are planning on going around the 4th of July, you might want to consider going to the Warehouse sale. I think it is the weekend of June 8-10. I have a postcard, but I can't find it right now. Does anyone know the exact dates?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The sale is 6/8-6/11. They have a lot of Mattel toys at great prices, besides AG items. Never dolls, usually not furniture (although last year they had limited amounts of Kit's table and chairs). Lots of outfits at good prices.

The outlet is hit and miss with what you find there. They usually have everything that is on the sale page at matching prices, but with a free shipping code, that's not a big savings. They do also have other outfits (often incomplete sets) at discounts. The items at the outlet are never 2nds or returns, unless you happen to be there when they've gotten a trunk or bigger item in, which is pretty rare and those items get snatched up pretty quickly. They have lots of girl sized clothes, often at discounted prices.

I agree with Judi-if you could come over the warehouse sale, you will find better bargains.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks ladies... I know I can't make it for the warehouse sale... [img]frown.gif[/img] The only reason we are going over 4th of July is because My best friend has vacation and the kiddos will be at summer camp - so it will be our only chance this year to go with out them.

Does the outlet carry the normal stuff from the catalog as well - dolls and outfits? I'd be thrilled to be able to "see" an outfit before I buy it - even if it is the same price as the catalog.

TIA
    D~

Inactive Member ahickel@comcast.net's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where is the warehouse sale exactly? Is it at the outlet mall in Oshkosh?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In addition to girls' clothes and doll outfits, the Outlet has books at really good prices. The World books are $4.95 versus $14.95. The Care and Keeping of You was $3 versus $9.95 or $8.95. There are also retired Craft and Cookbooks for the historicals. Most books are about 1/3 of the retail price.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The sale is at the same Prime outlet mall as the AG store-this year the sale is actually in the two empty stores right next to the AG store.

The outlet store never has dolls, except for the last 2 Hopscotch school dolls available. If you spend a certain amount at the warehouse sale-I think maybe $200-you get a discount at the AG store, or at least that's how it has been in the past. It will be really convinient having the sale right next door. I'm not sure how they are going to have the sale in two seperate smaller stores, unless they set up the Mattel stuff in one and the AG stuff in another. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] It will be interesting to find out.