Thread: How tight/ loose should the legs be on a new doll?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DD got her first AG at NYAGP on 11/9.

She chose Emily and picked one that did not seem to have a lumpy looking wig in the front.

Her legs seem a bit loose to me though. Emily will stand on her own, but if she is horizontal (lying down) in my palm, her legs flop down quite a bit- one more than the other.

What is normal???
    Thanks
    Jane

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think they should be tight enough to have a little squeak when you move them! The doll's legs should remain where they are when she is lying down. My daughter's Emily has one leg that turns inward. She got her for her birthday in September and refused to let me exchange her.

There are so many things to check when picking out a new doll that I didn't realize until I joined this board two years ago. I almost think you should make up a check list to take with you to AGP!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The legs should be tight enough that the doll can stand unaided with her arms in any position. If she needs a doll stand to accomplish this, then she should be restrung.

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My humble opinion is that a brand-new doll's legs should be tight enough to remain raised while she lies on her back. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the majority of new dolls have loose limbs now. I don't know what is going on with their production. My PS goes through boxes of them to find a good doll. I am still waiting for #26 because she can't find a good one. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I honestly don't know. My past five dolls or so have had loose limbs, not to the point where they were on the verge of falling off though. My Elizabeth's legs can both rotate 180 degrees very easily, I'm not sure if that's normal now or not. I've noticed that the dolls' legs seem to be a lot looser than the dolls' arms are.

horselvr2

My Felicity's legs came pretty loose for some reason, I bought her from AGPLA. Her head was kinda loose too...but I refused to send her back also...I was to attatched to her...

Just wondering, if a doll's limbs are loose, but they can stand up by there selves, but there legs won't stay up when you lay them on there back...does that mean they need re-stringing?