Thread: Angelina Ballerina - what's the difference between old and new?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think my almost 4 year old daughter would LOVE Angelina Ballerina stuff - dolls, books, accessories.

Should I be searching out ebay for the old stuff or is the new stuff okay?

Thanks!

Lisa

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

from what i've seen of at the store of the new angelina ballerina it looks so plasticy and cheap. I'd say go with the ag version and purcuse it off ebay because it is so cute and Angelina is plush and cuddly in the ag version i think.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks - any idea what size Angelina fits with the furniture?

Lisa

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lisa, I too would like to know the difference between the two. Are you talking about the Angelinas currently stocked in Target or Barnes & Noble? In the box, they seem similar to the old Angelina, only a little smaller. Every once in a while, I'll see some old stock on the shelves so there's still some of the old Angelina's around here and there.

I haven't checked Angelina on ebay but perhaps you could start collecting pieces you like here and there, such as the discontinued piano and furniture sets, whether you end up with the old or the new Angelina. Your daughter is the perfect age for Angelina. forums

Julia

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Lisa & Julia,

I do not really consider myself an expert on this, but, from what I've learned about Angelina over the past year of getting almost all of it for my DD (age 4), this is what I've found out.

American Girl Angelina was retired last year and the AG partnership with HitEntertainment was dissolved. HitEntertainment transferred the production rights to another company and the non-AG products are all either bigger or smaller than the AG products so the outfits etc. aren't compatible. Occassionally there will be items from the UK listed on ebay--Angelina is quite popular there too--but again to my knowledge the sizes aren't the same as AG.

The American Girl Playthings website has the complete list of all products/prices--very helpful!

We have much of the AG stuff as well as one non-AG Angelina and the AG stuff is far cuter. The quality is wonderful, my DD plays with her Angelina items daily and has really gotten a lot of use out of all of it. A few months ago I posted that my DD had broken her Angelina piano, but I'm pleased to say that a piano miracle occurred at our house and I discovered that it wasn't broken at all, a switch had merely gotten turned from tunes to single notes. Again the quality is wonderful on all the items--nothing has broken at all even after daily play for over a year.

Ebay prices seem to fluctuate but the stage, furniture, magentic room and cottage all seem to be generally higher $$ amount items. If you are interested in specific reviews on anything let me know--I'd be glad to help.

I also happen to have a few book/doll Angelinas in my stash, as well as an unboxed Henry , some hardcover books and duplicate outfits to ones DD already has all new in bag which I'd be happy to discuss selling to you for reasonable prices. If you are interested please PM me.

HTH's

Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Julia - yes I'm comparing AG Angelina to Target etc. products.

Katie - I pm'd you - thanks for the link - it provided me with some much needed info!

Lisa

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

About the UK Angelina things.Pre Ag getting the rights to produce AB,Angelina's Fairy Tales was a British Magazine that came out with a doll(Issue one and eleven)or an outfit corresponding to the Fairy tale that magazine was about.They are darling but smaller than AG's and cannot share.There is also a line of English AB dolls that are seemiliar in size to the ones Target and now I have seen at Walmart have sold.I don't believe Target is carrying them anymore.