Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Has anyone read Brave Emily yet(besides me)? Without giving too much away, she's good at math and helps Molly who struggles with math.

I do not plan to get Emily. I have resisted all the friends dolls and I don't have the money or space for her. I do plan to get mini-Emily eventually.

However, I wonder if her presence would help me do better in math. She's really good at math and I'm taking College Algebra, sifting through quadratic equations and factoring. Ugh I hate it!

Has anyone's AGs helped you with something or inspiried you to do something that you didn't think you could do or had trouble doing in the past? Is my Emily idea seem strange? Maybe I could bring mini-Emily with me to school and tuck her in my backpack.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 02, 2006 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Molly came with me to college after Sept. 11th. At the time I was really scared because I had family so close to what happened, and I was so far from everyone else. I figured she could help me get through it because she had to deal with her Dad being gone.

So your idea is not too far fetched.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I only read half of the book on yahoo. She's also neat and quiet and wants Molly to be her friend. The American Girls in general have inspired me. To see them push through the worst of times pushes me becuz they're 9 year old girls, and they can do it. So that means I can too!

Felicity_Fan85

Well, technically i started to get into writing stories after I read Emily of New Moon by L.M Montgomery, because Emily Starr loves to write so she inspired me. But my Susie loves to write stories too and Kit (even though I don't have her) is getting me into writing a few articles for the school newspaper and I would like to get her someday. Megan Ryder (MAC) loves to read, and write stories so she might also inspire me to write more stories!

I don't think your idea is far-fetched. I hope it works!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh no. You're going to make Emily start calling me even more now! Especially if she's willing to help me with math.

Uh oh...

Must hold out.

Nellie. I NEED NELLIE!

pleasantmonkey210
    hahahahahahahhahaahah LOL ROTFL!!!!! Nellie is calling, but Emily sure is louder! can you picture it? " If you buy me...... I will do your homework! "
    [img]redface.gif[/img] umm excuse me
    Now... I take my Jess to a lot of places because she is like my best friend!!!! I don't tyhink Emily will make you better at math.....
    Maybe you can convince yourself to make good grades and then... YES! ......
    Once you've made all A's in math you will buy Emily! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's probably a matter of positive thinking: if you really think Emily can help you with your studying, then you're probably going to work better and harder from the start. (And if not, it's a nice excuse to get an adorable AG [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Good luck with your math too. I distinctly remember the relief when I got my college math and science reqs out of the way!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Molly helped my DD remember 8x7=56. That was the math problem Molly missed in the Math Bee. As we studied multiplication whenever that problem came up I'd whisper..."Molly's problem", and she'd get it right every time. She even remembers on her own at school when it's on a quiz or test.

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

P.S. Molly will be coming to live w/ us in December.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that as an inspiration, sure! It's always great to have support like that when you're doing something difficult. Heck, I'm going to be taking Bea (or Emily?) around everywhere with me to give support for everything I have trouble with, like talking to strangers and stuff.

Also, if you want help with your College Algebra, I'd be glad to assist you. I was in honors math classes in high school, and I took the College Algebra CLEP and passed with a 60 something - that's really good for CLEPs! I don't think they're on a 100 scale, but it got me out of the basic math Gen. Ed. requirement. [img]smile.gif[/img] Anyway, I've tutored in math before, for elementary and high school age kids, and it wasn't official tutoring, but I helped other people along who were in College Algebra and also in my astronomy class.

Or, you could try your school's tutoring center. It's usually free, I think, and you can find someone to help you with specific things at almost any time of the day.

I hope it gets easier for you!

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]