Thread: Buying American Girl dolls on Ebay?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am thinking of buying one on Ebay to clean up for my doll collection and noticed this auction.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/American-Girl-Pl...QQcmdZViewItem

This seller has 10 dolls on auction atm, and it seems has sold hundreds in the past. Is this person legit or someone to be wary of?

Asellus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I don't buy dolls on eBay, but hopefully someone here can help you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I bid and won 3 dolls from this seller on June 23. Today I wrote to him and ask when he mailed or when will ship, but don't have answer yet.
    The feedback looks well ...
    I wonder from where he (she) has so many dolls for sale?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sorry .. post twice [img]redface.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 29, 2006 09:31 PM: Message edited by: p69 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have purchased 3 dolls from this seller over the past 5-6 months and am very happy with them. All were listed as fixer-upper types, and I got a really good deal on each -- then when they arrived, I was really pleased with their condition (one just needed her hair brushed and then she looked perfect!). This seller does sell some dolls in rough shape, but she is upfront about their flaws and doesn't try to represent them as something they are not. I wonder where she gets so many dolls! Anyway, I would buy from her again anytime -- just read the auction carefully and determine if the doll's problem(s) are within your ability to fix.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Guess I should introduce myself [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

My name is Kathy. I'm 22 yrs old married with 2 little girls. (2 and 7 months). I only own
    Samantha although I hope to grow my collection this year. I have collected dolls for about 10 years now, though I mostly own Madame Alexanders and some Barbies.

Oh and I am so envious of all the wonderful collections everyone seems to have on this list [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kathy (Asellus)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was also wondering how this seller got so many dolls. I would bid on a couple but I've somehow managed to buy three in the last week, all fixer-uppers which should keep me busy for a while.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board. I know the auction is up in about 24 mins. Not sure if you still want to bid on her or not. But my [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] ,

The doll's hair is a no issue. It needs the downy dunk and some straightening little curling and it will be lovely. From the picture it does not look cut. Also I don't think she is that old. Her hair is not the right color for the old Felicity's.

Her body looks good also. Says from no smoking home - got to love that.

Her wrists you will have to work on with zit cream (can't remember the name of it) or the Mr. Clean magic eraser.

She is naked, so I would not pay too much for her because you might want to buy her a meet outfit. I think the meet outfits are around $24 for the new one. Not sure what the old ones are going for. But you have to take that into account.

The shipping is fair. But you have to add that to the total cost of the doll to see if she is worth the cost to get her on ebay.

Getting a doll on ebay is a gamble. Often worth it and sometimes a bummer. Asking for close up pictures of the face is always a good idea.

Most of my dolls are from ebay. Many came with issues. But I love them all.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]