Thread: $20 shipping doll came!

13Pumpkins
    Questions about the price for shipping on ebay came up, and here was my expierince with a doll shipped for $20:
    It came in a USPS bigger box, with 12.10 shipping/insurance on it. Well, I opened it up, and all that handling sure helped it arrive sfaely! A grocery bag around the doll, a grocery bag around the extra outfit, and an older PC furnituer lid. [img]mad.gif[/img]
    I feel very fortunate that I thought to ask her about going UPS, because the insurance was free. She didn't want to because it would be $6 more..... I guess 18 bucks would have only given her $2 handling, which is all I ever charge. So she threw in the insurance for free. How generous.... maybe she realized how STEEP it was, i.e. $22.30 to ship a 4 pound box, insured. This whole thing was just absurd! I am really unhappy about the whole thing.....
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 01, 2006 07:13 PM: Message edited by: *The*Paranoid*Pumpkin* ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are you happy with the doll? I hope that you at least got a doll and outfit that you like! - Meg B.

thepidget

I'm sorry the S/H was so steep on your package. And with that price, she could've done better than using grocery bags. [img]eek.gif[/img]

Which doll did you get? I hope you like it, regardless of your problems with this seller.

13Pumpkins

I love the doll! I'll post pictures later! Thanks.
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't stand that either! On HB, I didn't charge anything to package. On e-bay, I charge $1.00 handling for a padded envelope that cost me $1.20. Otherwise, it's actual shipping. On the dolls, I just took packing out of the sale price. Some people are trying to make a living by selling on e-bay, though. I'm just trying to help out a friend and/or empty out my garage!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't charge handling. I don't see the point in it. I mean, hopefully you made enough on whatever you sold to make up for that. People don't have extra money for silly things like that.