Thread: I need some help with steaming hair, Please!!!

Inactive Member dollyland's mom's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As some of you might remember, I won a PM Molly on ebay a while back. BTW, I just love her!!!!

I have given her a downey dunk---fine there but she still needs to have her hair steamed.

I have a really nice Rowenta steamer, but it has metal on it-----will this work, or does it have to be all plastic???

I don't want to ruin her, and I am hesitant to use it. I guess I am a little unsure of the steaming part!!!

Thanks for the help!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You really want to use one that's all plastic--if the metal touches her hair, it will frizz.

Here's a link to one of the websites that sell them --they're pretty cheap, and should come in a few days.

http://www.buy-as-seen-on-tv-product...teamquick.html

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would be hesitant to use the metal steamer, since it could get too hot and burn the hair.

The plastic ones are all guaranteed not to scorch and burn fabric, but I'm sure the metal ones don't come with that type of guarantee.

I invested in the one available online at "as seen on Tv" website. It was only $9.99 plus shipping, and I had it in a few days.

Inactive Member dollyland's mom's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much!!!!

I thought I might need to get a new one------

Plus, we have my daughter's Kirsten that we gave her many years ago for Christmas and she needs it too. I would hate for either of their hair to melt!!!

Ashley1972

As an added shine boost and conditioning treatment you can spritz Son of a Gun vinyl protectant evenly throughout your doll's hair. It really works to make the hair look like new. You can look at my album if you would like to see the difference it made for my Lindsey.
    Lindsey's Restoration Album

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 08, 2006 12:22 PM: Message edited by: AGMom2 ]</font>

Janie3082

I bought a Conair ceramic plate straightener for my PM Kirsten's hair and it worked great on her! It's one that has 25 settings, and I put it on 1 for her. It's what I decided to use myself because I thought it would be easier for me to use, plus I can use it on my own hair too. [img]smile.gif[/img]