Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have really gotten into sewing for AGs lately (I keep meaning to share some of my creations online - d'oh!). I have some fabric that would make darling over-alls, but in all my patterns, I don't have one for overalls. Does anyone know of any? I could probably modify a pattern for pants, but I'm not sure how that would turn out. Usually when I make my own patterns, the results are a grab bag because I'm a beginner. Any advice would be appreciated!

Oh, and also! I have a 12-14" Disney Little Princess doll (you know, the ones who look like four-year old versions of the princess?). She only came with one dress. I would like her to be an AG Little Sister, but need more clothes. Has anyone made clothes for these, or know of patterns that might fit them?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooops, just a correct, my DP doll is closer to 16" [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a boatload of patterns, and I know I have a few that have overall paterns. Check out my Patterns Album for pictures of all of my pattern envelops. I also have several patterns books (most by Joan Hinds), but the only pictures I have of those patterns are in my Costumes Album.
    I hope these help.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I quickly browsed through my AG patterns, and found a couple which have overalls on them:

McCalls 2506
    Simplicity 5676

I have no idea whether the two I found are still currently available or not. If they aren't available otherwise, you might have some luck with ebay.

Linda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Simplicity 5670 and 5676 both have overalls patterns. I think Joann's is having a sale soon for Simplicity patterns, 5 for $5 too, thinking it's this weekend but not sure. It may be Veterans's Day weekend (next weekend). If you can wait, it'll be worth the savings. I'm pretty sure both these are still in print. The 5670 is a "Dummies" series pattern which doesn't always mean it's easier. But if you know basic sewing you should be fine. The overalls in it look like they have a little flare to the leg anyway, pretty cute!

I haven't made either of these so I can't say how they fit or go together. At least that's a start for you, I'm sure there are others in my McCalls if I look through them. Yell if you need more ideas--check ebay for those numbers or the Simplicity website so you can see what they look like. Then shop Joanns for the good price! [img]wink.gif[/img] Edited to add: Linda's post came in before mine so sorry about repeating a number.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 03, 2006 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Tari ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, guys! Simplicity 5676 looks just perfect! Do you know if the JoAnn sales cover all JoAnns nationally? If so, that $1 pattern deal would be fabulous. I'm going away for the weekend, but it's my Birthday so DBF can't be upset about me stopping by a fabric store, right? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by only1ofme:
    Thanks, guys! Simplicity 5676 looks just perfect! Do you know if the JoAnn sales cover all JoAnns nationally? If so, that $1 pattern deal would be fabulous. I'm going away for the weekend, but it's my Birthday so DBF can't be upset about me stopping by a fabric store, right? [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The sale should be national, but sometimes prices vary be region. Simplicity just discontinued 5676 a few weeks ago, so it may not be in stores now. The 5 for $5 sale at Jo-Ann's is during Veteran's day weekend, next weekend.
    Happy early birthday and I hope you find a pattern that will work for you.