Thread: Opinions on current bitty baby starter kit?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey all, I just wanted a few opinions on some current bitty items, since my birthday and Christmas are coming up and I need to expand my bitty collection. I'm already asking for the Ribbon Trim Knit set and the bitty tees gift bag, but I'm having a hard time deciding yea or nay on the bitty starter kit. It's only 8$ more if you get a bitty with it, so I figure we would probably just do that and resell the bitty later, and also that way I would get the current meet sleeper too. (if I do end up doing that does anyone need an extra bitty?)

So for anyone that has the starter kit, is it worth it? The clothes that come with it look really cute, and I don't have a box or anything to store her things in yet. Does the box that comes with the kit hold a lot? Overall what is your opinion on the set as a whole, is it worth the 90$?

I'm also considering the bundle up bunting, ruffles and bows pjs, and maybe the cozy cardigan set. Any opinions on those as well?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just ordered this set because I LOVE it and ordered the ribbon trim set as well. My whole life I have wanted a set like this. Growing up, every year I begged for the baby doll set that was in the Sear's catalog every Christmas (Didn't know about AG's back then) and I never got it! [img]frown.gif[/img] So, I just ordered it for myself. It's what my little girl dreams were made of. LOL [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by MissingMacy:
    I just ordered this set because I LOVE it and ordered the ribbon trim set as well. My whole life I have wanted a set like this. Growing up, every year I begged for the baby doll set that was in the Sear's catalog every Christmas (Didn't know about AG's back then) and I never got it! [img]frown.gif[/img] So, I just ordered it for myself. It's what my little girl dreams were made of. LOL [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hehe, I'm a big girl with her first bitty too! I remember wanting one when I was around 10 maybe, but my mom was afraid I wouldn't play with it very much and I never got one. I stopped wanting one for a while but a few months ago a hb member was selling a pm aa bitty and I couldn't resist [img]tongue.gif[/img] She's so soft and huggable and I just love her, but now it's time to start getting the girl some outfits!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is worth it for sure! I bought it right after it first came out and it has been an ongoing hit with my twins. I love the trunk because it is so heavy and sturdy. The wicker baskets never held up to by twins normal play. The trunk still looks perfect!! The outfits are so pretty too!! We use the bitty trunk to store the bitty bear and baby toys in it (although right now I think they are on the floor since my twins have been playing bitty all day). The gown is beautiful and is very precious!! I would get it without a doubt! I would get it with the bitty since it is such a small amount more. We did it that way (it was our first bitty purchase) so we kept the doll. On know on ebay the new bitty babies go for around $40 so it will help with the cost of the trunk.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We just gave DD her Bitty Baby & starter kit last night for her fourth birthday and it is already an enormous success!

Thus far, all of the items in the kit seem well made, the Christening set & especially the cap are my personal favorites, but DD is enchanted with the bottles, rattle and concept of feeding BB. I think the trunk is well made, but probably not big enough to store a large number of outfits. The baby blanket is adorable.

I think for the $$, it is worth it to get the BB & starter kit as opposed to just the kit. I'm sure you could sell BB on ebay since the holidays are so close! The new sleeper is very cute too.

HTH!

Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love the trunk and items in it. My only criticism of it would be that every Christening Dress that they make gets shorter and shorter. This only barely covers the feet.

I bought an extra Christening Dress off Ebay and I hope to cut it off and use the top as a blouse under that peachy two piece set and the bottom as an extension to the other Christening Dress to make it longer.

I also like the fact that it is only $8 more with the doll. That is how I have been collecting all the different Bittys. Whenever AG comes out with a new starter set I order it with one of the dolls I don't have. I only need the Hispanic Doll and I will have all of them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the starter set is a good value.