Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We gave DD Bitty Baby last night!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How cute... I still love my bitty baby to this day. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks you all for sharing in our happy day!

I got out DD's old bouncy seat for BB to sit on in our dining area and DD is really having fun with this.

I will try to get some pictures but it may take a few days. Since I told DD that BB is all hers, as opposed to the 18in dolls which we are "sharing," DD has been joyfully possessive of Loren, which is very sweet.

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, you can get diapers as replacement parts. But I highly recommend the diaper bag at Christmas. My three year old got it recently and adores it. She is so careful about changing Bitty's diaper and whenever she takes Bitty for a walk (around the living room usually) she takes the bag with her. It comes with three diapers and wipes and the cutest little shirt.

Is there anything better than watching your DD with a beloved baby doll? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My 11 year old daughter received her Bitty Baby for her 3rd birthday and still loves her today. There is always a request for at least one new Bitty Baby outfit for her birthday and/or Christmas. Her Bitty has the best and most extensive wardrobe of any baby I know!

The best thing is the pleasure you'll get out of your daughter's pleasure!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My 7 yr old loves her BBs , I bought a pack of the pampers newborn preemie diapers and they fit great, they also have velcro ish tabs so you can take them off and put them back on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It sure sounds like you made the right decision to give Loren now. Your DD will have time to enjoy just her/him. My DD got Nicki (BB) at 2 1/2. She is now 9. Last night she slept with Nicki and a BAB. I hope Loren becomes a member of your family like Nicki is in ours.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes the diapers are replacement part
    BTMO-03 diapers and are $2.00 each.You have to call to order them

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please stop tempting me....my youngest daughter turns 4 on Nov. 15th and we have her first Bitty Baby stored away for Christmas! It is soooooo hard to wait that long! I'm so glad your daughter enjoyed it that much.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you all for the information on the diapers. I did think about just buying some pampers newborn size diapers as well--we always seem to be getting coupons for Pampers and Huggies even though (thankfully!) we are done with diapers!

Also, thank you MuppetQuilter, for the reviews on Bitty's diaper bag--that caught my eye in the catalog last night and I'm glad to hear a positive review.

I'll likely start a BB need reviews thread in the next few weeks so it helps to already have a positive endorsement for one accessory item.

Mom24, Not to tempt you or be an enabler here, but DH & I really debated about giving DD BB now or waitng for Christmas and the reason I decided to give it to her now is because I felt that this was such a special gift, that I didn't want it to get overshadowed by the wonderful, generousity of our family, all of whom give gifts to DD at Christmas.

DH & I gave DD her BB starter collection and 2 of the little diecast Cars movie cars and that was it for her birthday this year. I just wanted to be sure she'd really appreciate it.

I learned a valuable lesson at Christmas last year when DH & I presented DD with a collection of Angelina Ballerina items including the piano, handmade costumes/tutus by me, other outfits and the gymnastics accessories with a stand handcrafted by my father-in-law (so we could use the backdrop without buying the stage.). The Angelina items were DD's "big" present.

DD was so overwhelmed by the "magic of Christmas" so to speak that she really didn't pay much attention to most of her gifts until we got home and the holiday hoopla died down a bit. I just didn't want the same thing to happen this year, especially with BB, whom DD has been consistently asking for for the past 6 months. I'm not trying to sway you at all, I just wanted to share this story in case you were having similiar thoughts.

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

aww how sweet! There's nothing more magical than getting your first ever doll!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12