Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We gave DD Bitty Baby last night!

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!

Yesterday was my DD's fourth birthday and DH & I decided to go ahead and give her Bitty Baby, instead of waiting until Christmas as I'd originally planned to do.

Well, stunned & utterly delighted are the two expressions that radiated from my DD's face when she pulled out the box. She was so surprised and happy she could hardly talk for about five minutes. Then she spent the rest of the evening just hugging BB and playing with the starter collection. She is thrilled with the rattle and the two bottles. She also immediately asked about extra diapers for BB. Does anyone know if I can just buy the diapers?

I have not taken any pictures yet but BB has been officially named Loren because DD isn't quite sure yet whether Loren is a girl or a boy so we read our baby names book together last night and DD choose Loren.

It was definitely an American Girl birthday because my Dad sent Kit's Scooter and Grace. My in-laws also found a wonderful (non AG) book called A Princess Primer: A Fairy Godmother's Guide to Being a Princess. If you have a DD who is at all princessly inclined I encourage you to check this book out because it is wonderful! I snuck into DD's room after she fell asleep last night and she was curled up with BB and the Princess Primer was on the covers at her feet--she must have gotten up to read it by her nightlight after I tucked her in, which I thought was pretty cute.

Anyway, thank you for letting me gush a bit--I'm just so happy that my DD likes the BB! I'll try to get some pictures soon--still waiting for that bog box from my AGPNY shopping event last Saturday to arrive. Maybe today if I'm lucky!

[img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How wonderful!! I just love bitty baby too! My daughters will be four next month. I will have to check out that book!! thanks for sharing such a wonderful story!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a great birthday! I think when your DD finds out that all of the Bitty Baby clothes are for girls, Loren will probably be a girl!

I always wished I had a daughter to give the baby to. I think she has the greatest wardrobe that there ever has been for a baby doll.

I think you can get diapers as replacement parts and FYI Molly's underwear that she comes in makes a great "diaper cover" for Bitty Baby. I'm not nuts about how those diapers look under her dress, so I leave a diaper on and cover it with the pants. They're white and go with everything.

I'm very happy for your little girl!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PS - Molly's underwear is also available as a replacement part.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awwww...
    4 years old is just such a cute age. I love Bitty Baby. She is just so sweet. I am glad your DD had a great birthday. Post pictures when you can. [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That must have been a very special birthday! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your daughter and her BB - and seeing pictures too.

Happy belated birthday to your DD! [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is such a cute story! Isn't it the best when gifts are so genuinely appreciated? Loren is also a really nice name. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I can't wait to see photos!

Erin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's so great that your dd loves her new bitty! I think they are the cutest baby dolls. They have the sweetest little faces. Can't wait to see pics of your dd cradling her new baby doll!

Polly Marie

Katie, your dd was the picture of happiness enjoying her Loren. So glad her 4th birthday was such a good one! [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katie, what a great surprise for your daughter! It sounds like she really enjoyed her BB! Kit's scooter is really great too (though Kat was mad that her name wasn't on the scooter). Loren is such a cute name.

Originally posted by sparklyyy:
    Isn't it the best when gifts are so genuinely appreciated?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Erin, I totally agree! I spend so much time picking out gifts for my friends and family and I love when they enjoy them. Recently, I got my teacher a necklace and she hasn't taken it off since, since I wear mine (slightly different) a lot of the time. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast