Thread: Rust looking stains on Kirstens white apron, help!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I just bought Kirstens Birthday dress and noticed two very small rust looking stains on her apron. Does anyone know the secret recipe for getting these out?

My daughter had a shirt with the same kind of stain. She outgrew it 2 years ago but I haven't been able to bring myself to donate or get rid of it until I get them out. Bleach sticks have not worked.

I don't really care so much about the shirt but Kirstens Apron!!! It's just now acceptable [img]wink.gif[/img] .

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kristin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have used a product called didi seven on rust stains on a t-shirt and it took them out easily and completely. I have a tube of it now and there are some websites listed on the tube. www.interwood.com and www.didiseven.com. I believe I have seen it at Walgreens so you might want to check there. There are very specific instructions with this cleaner such as whether to use cold or hot water and I believe you use lemon juice with it for rust. Be sure to read the directions thoroughly. It does bleach color from some fabrics, but that shouldn't be a problem for Kirsten's apron since it is white. Good Luck with the stain.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you VERY, VERY much!!!

[img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] Kristin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is a rust-type stain on my Kirsten's Birthday Apron, too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've used a rust remover from the Ritz dye line. I think the bottle is yellow. It worked really well on whites.

Polly Marie

Years ago I used a kitchen sink cleaner such as Zud to remove rust stains from fabric. Bleach will set rust stains and the stains will be harder to remove.
    Lemon juice itself sometimes works. You saturate the stain with it and leave it in the sun to dry, then wash the fabric. But lemon juice sometimes will leave a yellow stain on fabric.
    The previous suggestion of a commercial cleaner for fabric sounds good. But be sure to first test whatever means you use on an unnoticeable area of the fabric.