Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

I'm torn. My dd really wants #26 but I have always told her no because of her hair. Marisol came last christmas and now this year Dd wants #26 again. I tried to steer her to other AGTs like #15, #4, #18, etc. She finds them just "ok" or "maybe for the next one Mommy."

Does anyone's dd have this doll? How is her hair now? Once at AGPNY a lil girl brought her dollie to the hair salon and it was a complete mess! They did their best but it wasn't the same. Thanks.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 30, 2006 07:12 PM: Message edited by: marisol05 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't have a daughter, but my 26 came with detailed instructions on care for her hair, and it has helped. Basically would your daughter be willing to read and go easier on #26 hair then others. The instrutions recommend getting a hair pick and gently running the comb through each section of hair. If any hairs are tangled together, use your finger to seperate, etc. I think explain to her that #26 is harder to care for, tell her how her hair needs to be cared for to keep it pretty. See if she feels she is ready for that responsibility. That is just my 2 cents

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 30, 2006 07:20 PM: Message edited by: sailorangel59 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Get that baby that doll! [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] ...Seriously, I have her and her hair is not hard to do at all. If it is brushed, it gets bushy and loses its' ringlet, but all you have to do is finger twist it back into shape.

You can get gorgeous sausge ringlets if you wet the hair before twisting it. You also have to twist larger sections. I have had my Sierra's hair in a bun, ponytails, etc. and it always twist back to the original ringlets! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] NOW GET THAT MORSEL!...or DPS will be visiting you soon! [img]graemlins/handcuffs.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/handcuffs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My DD has it. She bought it with her own money when we went to Chicago in August.

I also tried to steer her in another direction, but she wouldn't budge. Heather, my PS, even the girls we were with tried, but she came home with us.

Heather told her not to use the pick, just use her fingers to style, and it has worked! Her hair is just as pretty as the day we got her, with many, many hairstyle changes. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Her hair can be hard to care for, but it also willingly twists back to its original shape like Prsnlrd said. I actually had my Sierra's hair semi-twisted for Homecoming and took it out a few days later, only to realized that the hair wanted to stay twisted on top of her head! [img]eek.gif[/img] It is really easy to work through 26's hair with your fingers, and as long as your daughter is careful I think she would be fine!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with Prsnlrd - get that baby that doll!!!

She obviously is dearly wanted by your daughter since she's been consistent about wanting her for over a year!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by prasnlrd:
    Get that baby that doll! [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] ...Seriously, I have her and her hair is not hard to do at all. If it is brushed, it gets bushy and loses its' ringlet, but all you have to do is finger twist it back into shape.

You can get gorgeous sausge ringlets if you wet the hair before twisting it. You also have to twist larger sections. I have had my Sierra's hair in a bun, ponytails, etc. and it always twist back to the original ringlets! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] NOW GET THAT MORSEL!...or DPS will be visiting you soon! [img]graemlins/handcuffs.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Please Sheila! Don't arrest me!
    [img]eek.gif[/img]

Thank you fro your replies. I just wanted to hear how her hair did with normal play. I think she just might be coming home for Christmas!
    (HB does it again! [img]wink.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My DD loves this doll. She has asked for her consistantly too. I wouldn't hesitate, but she went through a period of not taking care of her dolls so they went to live with me..AKA "Grandma". She has now taken a new interest in her dolls. My Dad will be giving her enough money for a doll this year for Christmas. I will consider getting her for DD. The tips on her hair have really helped! DD is now really careful about taking care of her dollies' hair!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 30, 2006 09:35 PM: Message edited by: chrstnwmn7 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by chrstnwmn7:
    My DD loves this doll. She has asked for her consistantly too. I wouldn't hesitate, but she went through a period of not taking care of her dolls so they went to live with me..AKA "Grandma". She has now taken a new interest in her dolls. My Dad will be giving her enough money for a doll this year for Christmas. I will consider getting her for DD. The tips on her hair have really helped! DD is now really careful about taking care of her dollies' hair!

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ October 30, 2006 09:35 PM: Message edited by: chrstnwmn7 ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My dd plays more with Marisol now than she did when I first got her, so I know her interest is just growing!

I really appreciate everyone's replies/opinions. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My DGD has that doll but she leaves the hair alone; she also left Kaya's & Kirsten's hair alone. There's plenty of other AG dolls who love to have their hair played with without goofing up those three. JMO though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast