Thread: My Jo-Ann's Finds! Opinions plese. :)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Very Good Early Morning to Ya'll.
    I forgot to take my camera and a doll to Jo-Ann's today, so I brought some Jo-Ann's to a doll and my camera.
    Here is what I found. Let me know what you thnk about the scame of the items I picked up.
    ec4a71a5
    I think this may be a bit big.

ec4a71a4
    Too big too?

ec4a71aa
    Just right, IMO. The one Molly is holding is the same size as the ones in the bags.

ec4a6eb9
    They had these and some other simliar ones in gold, nickel, and red.

There were also metal holiday baskets that were really cute. I did find some small cookie cutters that I plan to pick up next weekend (they are $4.99 if you want to check them out yourself); they look to be about the size of a doll's hand. Oh, they also have 18" Christmas trees, and mini decorations like ornatments, and garland. The tree was only $3.96, and I will be getting one for sure. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] A pack of 9 (maybe 12) mini ornaments are $3.99 regualrly, but thye are on sale right now, and they are so cute. So if anyone missed out on the AG tree, these might make a great substitute.
    Okay, let me know your thoughts. And again, I will try to get some pictures next time I head up there (this coming up weekend at the latest).

Polly Marie

Thanks for the pictures and also the descriptions of the Christmas items. The tree and decorations sound nice. I'll probably go there this week and check out the goodies. [img]graemlins/car.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You found some lovely items. I don't think the stocking is too big - I'm sure Molly thinks so too [img]wink.gif[/img] - this way Santa can leave some bigger sized items in the stocking [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I LOVE the watering can! Thanks for sharing your finds with us! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cute finds, Jen! I like all of them and Joann's is a fun place to find AG sized things. I think I may have to stop there this week. I can't wait to set up a Christmas display with all our dolls, stockings, presents and tree!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went to Joann's on Friday - boy was it packed! Tons of people trying to pull a Halloween costume together, and then they'd just put the Christmas stuff out.

I didn't see the watering cans (adorable!) but I did see the cookie cutters and couldn't resist getting them since I am making a Kirsten-era christmas dress complete with apron. I also saw the mini-ornaments and small baskets. I had a budget that day so I couldn't get them, but I do plan on going back and getting them some other time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think the stocking is too big either. That's how big my dolls' stockings are.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All your accessories look good to me! If anyone wanted to get technical, I guess the stocking *could* be a teeny big, if you're comparing to a size that AG would come out with, that is. But lots of kids have big stockings. I think she looks cute holding it! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] The little cauldrons are adorable as can be too. I don't dare go near a Jo-Ann store right now, trying to keep from spending and it's awfully hard! [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tari:
    I don't dare go near a Jo-Ann store right now, trying to keep from spending and it's awfully hard! [img]eek.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, I am so with you on that, Tari! I love Jo-Ann's, but it is so hard for me to get out of that store without more than I went in to get! [img]tongue.gif[/img]