Thread: Josefina's weaving loom, anybody have it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I think Josefina's weaving loom would be cool to get because you can really use it. It says that you can make one doll-sized blanket with it. I was wondering if anyone has this item and has made a blanket with it. If so, what size blanket does it make? Would it be like a blanket that could cover her in bed, or smaller like a lap blanket? Also does anyone have a picture of Josefina standing by the weaving loom so I can see how big it is? They don't give any dimensions on AG's web site.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have it, but haven't set it up yet. I thought it would be a nice winter activity for Josefina to work on after Christmas. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Felicity_Fan85

I don't have this but I really want it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it would make a blanket to cover Josefina's doll. Maybe 3 x 4. I have it, but haven't made a blanket yet. With weaving, what you make is never wider than the weaving loom - but as long as you want to make it, so you could make a belt. If you want you could make small blankets and sew them together (sort of like Molly did with the knitting squares). I hope you have fun making whatever you decide.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, Crafty carol. I was hoping it would make a blanket the size to use on a doll bed, but it sounds like it is a lot smaller. I like the idea of sewing patches together though. I don't even have Josefina yet though. I am deciding between her and Emily for mmy next doll. I want another for Christmas, but my mom thinks 3 dolls is enough. But sometimes she tries to trick me and make me thionk she won't get me something and then she does anyway.

I'm not sure if I want to get the weaving loom now because it is so small, maybe I could find a larger one somewhere else. Any ideas?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

try this place:http://terraexperience.com/DA_looms_...ing_tools.html
    You would also be helping a good cause, My Fia loves thier stuff and I know a few hb members who have bought from them. Just a suggestion, good luck with whatever you decide and I plan a buying Josefina's loom next month and I can give a reveiw then.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got Josefina not long ago, and she is absolutely adorable! But don't let me influence you!
    For a doll-bed-sized blanket, you could weave several strips long enough to cover from one end of the bed to the other, and then just sew them together. They could be all the same, or different colours for a striped effect. It would look great.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One of my friends has it, and, if I remember correctly, it's the right size to make a doll bed size blanket.