Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm getting Jess's starter collection!!I WAS just going to get her,but since my mom could only get resevations for the revue at AGPLA ( where i'm going to get Jess and go for my bday)she gave me a $50 bonus!!!!!I'm so happy!!!For the HUGE price of revue tickets,is it worth it?And should I keep Jess's hair in braids or should I take it out?I know you all are experts,so HELP!!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think getting Jess's starter collection would be worth it. I have Lindsey's and Kailey's complete collections (which are both now the size of an LE starter collection) and my sister has Marisol's starter collection. I think the starter collections give you a variety of things to play with and we still use all of the items in them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on Jess, I love her and I hope you will too [img]smile.gif[/img] I think her starter collection is great.

As far as her hair is concerned, it's a personal choice. I took her braids out right away because I want to be able to style her hair in different styles. But of course, once the braids are out, you may not be able to get it back to exactly the way it was. So it's a question of whether you want more variety when playing with her or whether you would prefer to keep her as original as possible [img]smile.gif[/img]

I hope you will have a great time at AGPLA [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations. Jess is beautiful, you're going to love her! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I agree about the hair, it depends on your personal opinion. Hope that helps. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

About Jess's hair...it is really not the greatest. I of course took it out of the braids because I am a huge hair-player and a doll just isn't fun unless I can do things with her hair. [img]smile.gif[/img] It really doesn't look that great down, though - her hair is very thin, has lots of flyaways and is all kinked from the braids. I am keeping it out of the braids and just in a ponytail or pigtails in the hope that the kinks will smooth out so she can wear her hair down.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My DD's Jess has a beautiful cloud of hair that we just love to keep down. The braids are very easy to re-do, if you so desire. Congrats on getting Jess!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katie:

I would call AG about the hair problem and see if they will send you a new doll out with thicker hair. After Dec. it will be too late. Then you will have to send her to the doll hospital for a new head.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by EleanorofAquitane:
    My DD's Jess has a beautiful cloud of hair that we just love to keep down. The braids are very easy to re-do, if you so desire. Congrats on getting Jess!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So does our Jess! Her hair is very pretty down and the braids are not hard to put back in but we actually just leave her hair down most of the time or put it in a cute high ponytail. Her hair is very manageable and pretty in my opinion!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

posted by craftycarol51:
    I would call AG about the hair problem and see if they will send you a new doll out with thicker hair.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Despite her not-quite-perfect hair, I think I'm going to keep her. I picked her out from all the dolls on display at AGPC, and it was hard to find a Jess with a nice face and a wig that looked right at the forehead. I opened a ton of boxes and so many of the Jesses looked off somehow - crooked eyes, different size eyes, wigs peeling up slightly at the forehead...people were looking at me strangely as I was going through all the boxes, but the Jess I got at least has a cute face and good coloring, and her wig looks nice from the front. I'm afraid if I try to exchange her I'll get one with even worse problems. [img]confused.gif[/img] Plus after carrying her around in public for a bit after buying her, which I've never done before, I'm rather attached to her, thin hair and all. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] If I can just get the leftover braid kinkiness to smooth out, I think she will look better!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast