Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about Kirsten doll please?..Long sorry ..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello
    We are New Zealanders and would like to buy a Kirsten American Girl doll for our daughter for Christmas as a big surprise, as she really would like one.They are VERY expensive for us however due to exchage rate and postage( postage alone is $45 US !!).She loves all the books but this doll is her favourite .

Please can you tell me will the hair hold up to being brushed and the doll to being played with a lot( but by a careful 10 year old).She really wants a doll, she can do the hair of .

Are the clothes good quality also? I want this doll to be played with not just looked at..LOL.Can ANY of the clothes fit any of the dolls? She would like to mix and match I am sure...

Are they really as good quality as I have been led to beleive? My middle daughter wants a Vision Forum Liberty doll....Has anyone one of those ?

Both of these girls have had a hard year health wise so we really want to bless them this Christmas with a BIG surprise.Normally we would NOT spend so much on one gift...Hoping to hear back.
    God Bless
    Ann In New Zealand

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been collecting for 15 years, and I can say through me, my sister, and now my 9 yr dd that these dolls WILL hold up. The outfits for all the AG fit each other except for maybe the dolls made b/w 1986-1993 which tend to be alittle chubbier. I certainly beleive they are worth the price. AG is good at exchanging if something is wrong with it, as well as they have a repair hospital. I would recommend the dolls for any girl over 6. I beleive that you will be pleased with your purchase of Kirsten for your dd!
    I also want to welcome you here and hope to hear from you again in the future!
    Lorelei
    PS I am sorry but I haven't heard of the liberty dolls.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kirsten is my favorite doll. I got her for Christmas back in 1994 when I was seven and I loved her to death. She held up very well to very energetic play including snowstorms, hot cars, and an overactive child but due to an unfortunate accident involving a little brother and a pair of scissors she had to be sent to the doll hospital for a new head. They sent me back a new Kirsten whom I love just as much as the old one. Some members may tell you that the quality of the new dolls isn't the same as the old but I disagree. Kirsten is just perfect no matter when she is from. She will always be one of my first friends.

Her clothes fit all of the dolls and she fits into everyone else's clothing as well (my sister had Molly and we liked to switch their outfits). Kirsten's outfits, acessories, and furniture are all top notch and still (almost) like new. Her hair is gorgeous and I used to put her hair up in ways it never should. It got dry towards the end and rather sparse but the people on this board have very good tips for preventing that occurance.

I cannot highly reccomend Kirsten enough. She seems to be rather overlooked and she needs all the love she can get. I'm so happy another little girl loves her character as much as I did!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

These dolls are made to be played with a lot. I'd suggest you get the wire wig brush if your chid will be playing with the hair. It'll help the hair from getting frizzy & icky. Plastic makes the hair just awful! Also you can mist the hair lightly with water before brushing, being careful not to get ANY water in the doll's eyes. Have a wonderful Holiday season!

Polly Marie

<font color="purple"><font size="4">Welcome ! Glad to have you on the board.</font></font>
    Kirsten is a beautiful doll. I can highly recommend the wigs on these dolls. The wigs are high quality.
    I am not familiar with the liberty forum doll. I did a search and found a site. Is this the doll?

http://www.visionforum.com/search/pr...roductid=72564

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My DD got her first doll almost two years ago - I planned on only getting the one since they were/are expensive. She has several now since I was so impressed with the quality of the dolls. They hold up well. The outfits are as well made if not better made then real clothing.

It is a big investment I know, but one well worth making

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The dolls definitely hold up to years of play. I have had Kirsten for about 10 years now, and she still looks lovely. I recently did a downy dunk on her to restore her hair, but otherwise she looks pretty much as good as new. All the AG clothes are very good quality, but I think the Kirsten clothes especially are made out of very durable material, since that's what the pioneers wore. (Whereas with Samantha, some of her taffeta dresses might ruin more easily.) I like her accessories a lot and they are also good quality.

I would also recommend getting the wire wig brush, or you could get one from a beauty supply store. Kirsten's hair is nice because it is long enough to braid and style in lots of different ways. If she gets any marks on her skin they can usually be removed with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or something similar.

Welcome to the board!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

ETA: And yes, Kirsten will fit in all the 18" doll clothes from AG. My Kirsten is a modern girl, and she likes to wear very bright colors like most of the AGT outfits.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 26, 2006 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Kit, Kat, and Friends ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kirsten is a lovely doll and i think she should hold up well to play. The only problem i see is that once her hair is taken out of the braids it might be hard to redo them neatly. My Kirsten's braids were taken out and now she has wavy hair but it's still very nice and doesn't tangle. I have the Liberty doll too but i'm not too fond of her. She has a gap in her eye sockets which i don't like and i find her expression kind of sullen. Her dress is nice though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for all your replies ladies! I am so pleased to hear they can be played with so well.I think I am as excited as my girls are about these dolls..
    I will order the doll brush also,thanks for the tip.

Yes Polly Marie,your link is correct ,that is the doll our middle daughter would like.

My girls are into pioneer time in a big way!!They love to play they are Laura and Mary and our two year old is Carrie.Big brother has to be Pa sometimes when they can convince him to stop being Crocodile hunter......

We even watch the old Little House TV series(up to series 4 they became awful after that) each Friday movie night.This all started as our oldest girl read the Little House books and we are studying American history for homeschool. I also LOVD these books as a girl.We now love the American girl books too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board! The dolls definitely do hold up for a long time, I've had my Molly for almost eight years, and aside from some loose limbs she's the same as when I got her. Kirsten is beautiful doll, your daughter is going to love her! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast