Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have plans to buy my twins a new doll for their bday in Dec. I want to buy them the new twins (which I will still buy them despite their new requests for Xmas). My daughters is begging for a Baby Alive doll for Christmas. Their faces seems a little scary to me, but she is delighted playing with them at the store. Any reviews on this doll?? I know they do all sorts of things and they have a great deal at Sam;s club. It just breaks my heart she wanted something besides American Girl, but as long as she still loves them too.

horselvr2

There faces seem freaky to me, but since your daughters like playing with it so much, and they really want it, you should get it for them!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess you should get it if that's what she wants. The face, especially the eyes are a little freaky, not to mention a little too much realism IMO with the diaper changing thing (I've seen the commercials).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really think they are ugly. My daughter has a Baby Annable and it is at least cute but doesn't do all that Baby Alive does. My feelings are that if the doll does everything that what good is your imagination.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't forget you get to clean them up. I don't know what happens when whatever it is gets where ever you don't want it to get.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My daughter has had this doll for 2 weeks and she loves it ,but it is kinda a novelty./ it is creepy how it talks really bad baby talk like "I'm hungy" and heres the part that really stinks you have to only feed it the food made for it , if you feed it any kind of "real" baby food it could get bugs or maggots in it and if your daughter is anything like mine feeding it and having it go potty will be here favorite part so of course she used up the stuff that came with it in one day, so we went and bought the refill which was I believe 6.99 for like 8 packs I told her to go easy onit and she was able to make it last 3 days, so be prepared tp keep buying refills. I can honestly say I wish I hadn't bought it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My dd who is 7 wants this doll for Christmas and I do NOT want to buy it for her. She just went to a birthday party this weekend and her friend got this doll at her party and now Lydia wants it even more. I think the whole concept of feeding and changing her diaper is kinda gross. What if all the food doesn't come out? Isn't the doll going to start to smell? And maggots??? Yikes! I'll have to mention that to her and maybe she'll get off the whole "baby alive kick" and ask for something else!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree that she looks kind of freaky. Why do they have to CHANGE everything?! I had Baby Alive when I was a little girl, and she was very "normal" looking -- I loved her soooooo much. My sister had the one that sneezed when you squeezed her tummy (can't remember her name). Those were pretty much our only dolls, and we played with them all the time.