Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two New Albums: Featuring my Latest Addition!

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!

I just wanted to share with you all my happy news that I got Nellie two weeks ago. Although she has some hair issues (her hair is cut quite unevenly and is noticeably longer on the right side from the back) and I may exchange her since the hair imperfection is really annoying, she is making her album debut anyway for all to enjoy. Perhaps you can convince me to keep her, despite the hair!

My DD wanted to bring Nellie instead of Kit at the last minute to visit my in-laws last weekend, so Nellie and Holly had a very fun time together.

If you've got a minute, please check out my albums--the 1904 Mystery is Solved and Trip to Nana and Papa's House: Fall. Holly has an encounter with a live snake which is kind of funny and a little creepy too--don't worry no one gets hurt!

[img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

Katie

Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

VERY cute! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Nellie's hair looks fine to me, you should keep her! Look at all the best friends she has already! Pleeeeeease let her stay! [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] Once you love her enough, you'll get over it, I'm sure of it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your Nellie is cute!! I would definitely keep her. I loved how impatient Kit was to open that box!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing your albums. Your Nellie is very cute, but her uneven hair would drive me nuts. Perhaps you should have AG send another Nellie.

I love your Holly! I keep trying to hint to my daughter that she really NEEDS AGT 5!

Polly Marie

Thanks for sharing these nice albums! [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]
    I'm glad the snake was in a cage! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Cute stories and great pictures! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very cute album! I have to get around to making one of those. Although, with one doll, I feel like there wouldn't be much to it. [img]smile.gif[/img] We'll see! I'll drum up some ideas.

As for Nellie: Sometimes I find imperfections in things I buy and they grown on me shortly after and I find them really endearing. It makes me feel that what I bought has character, almost, and is uniquely mine. However, on the other hand, sometimes those little imperfections never do grown on me. If you find it hard after a few days to get over it and are still thinking about it, definitely exchange her. If you're spending money on something (especially expensive stuff like AG items!), you should really get your money's worth. You deserve to enjoy your purchase to its full potential!

Just my two cents!

Erin

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!

I'm so glad you all enjoyed the albums! I continue to be so inspired by everyone else's cute albums and gorgeous pictures here on HB, I'm getting addicted to making albums. Plus, my DD really enjoys having me read them to her and she likes hearing other people's stories too so it is a very good fun activity to share with her.

I'm still undecided about Nellie--part of me feels like it would be awful to exchange her especially since she's been in two stories now, but then the other part of me looks at her hair and thinks "ugh!" When I go to AGPNY next weekend, I'm going to thoroughly inspect some Nellie's to see if maybe they are all just the same as far as the hair is concerned.

Also, I'm sorry some of the albums get a bit long, but DD gets so into the story that I tend to make them longer rather than shorter for her benefit. I really do appreciate comments and feedback too!

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi: You can always ask AG to send you out a new one, tell them about the hair so the check it before sending it out. Then with the two dolls together you can make your decision.

I recently received Emily and her shoes weren't right. The top shiny layer of the patent leather had air bubbles under it and was peeling.

The first doll was American Girl, the second said Pleasant Co. on the back of her neck. I actually like the original doll from American Girl, so I kept her and put the "new" shoes on. I'm sending the second doll back with the messed up shoes.

Years ago when they sent the dolls out with little black shoes and no socks - I ordered a No. 4 doll. Well, there was a tiny black mark on her foot. So they sent out another - same thing. I had four dolls in my living room in various boxes. My husband thought I was nuts. They finally checked the dolls foot and sent her to me with the shoes off.

For the money we spend we need to be satisfied. I wouldn't keep choppy hair, but it's what you like that counts.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fun album! I laughed out loud seeing the dolls vacuuming and scrubbing. That was really cute. Now if I can just hire the girls to do my house. Your Nellie is such a sweet and cheerful worker. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looks like the girls had a great time. Loved Holly's little snack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast