Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

About two months ago, I rescued a Bitty from a resale shop. I never meant to keep her, but of course DD had other ideas. She came with the Beach Set romper, sand pail and shovel that was released in 1996'ish, so I figured she dated to at least then. Softer eyelashes, but not blonde like ONB. Brown hair and eyes, looked a lot like our babies when they were small. She's our Rebecca Rose.

Fast forward to last week, when I received a Bitty from a lovely HB member. I had decided that Becca needed a friend, and I wanted another brown hair/eye combo. Sarah Marguerite is just adorable, although I need to do some touch-up paint on her eyelids. However, when she sits next to her sister, the differences are amazing. See photo below to see the coloring differences. Even the size & shape of their heads are slightly different! Becca is in the teal romper, and Sarah is in pink.

PB010217

PB010216

So can these differences be accounted for by the age of the dolls? Has the coloring changed that much? Or do I have two different versions of Bitty here and don't even realize it? [img]redface.gif[/img] I don't think so, though...I think they are both classic brown hair/eye combos. It's very interesting to see the differences, at least to me it is (but then, I am easily amused).

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 04, 2006 11:34 PM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you think she might be a "Hispanic" Bitty??
    She's really cute. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not positive, but I think your Bitty Babies are the Hispanic and Light skin, dark brown hair, light brown eyes ones. It's so hard to tell because they really look so much alike. I personally confuse them myself. [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img] Check these pictures: http://store.americangirl.com/pls/ag...d?catid=376392 .

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 04, 2006 11:47 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, it's definitely occurred to me that one might be the "Hispanic" version. I don't know though...I'm not sure I'm seeing a medium versus fair complexion. [img]confused.gif[/img] It's more like the differences between apricot and pink, LOL.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

THANK YOU, everyone! And especially for those comparison photos! It truly is amazing how differently these dolls photograph...I would never think that the second and third babe were the same ones!

Well, I think all this conjecture has confirmed my initial hunch: our Bitties are from different generations.

While I'm pretty confident in dating the 1996'ish one (Rebecca), I can't begin to date the other babe (Sarah). The sleepers are of no help...they were purchased later, LOL. Ah well, it doesn't matter. They are well-loved here, and that's what counts.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've got another vote for just differences in the doll over time. We have the Hispanic Bitty and she is much darker-- you wouldn't confuse her with the bown hair/brown eyes Bitty.

They're both lovely but I think your Becca is a particularly nice Bitty.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 05, 2006 09:32 PM: Message edited by: MuppetQuilter ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now I have this amazing urge to purchase a bitty baby . . . .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Simplepretty, LOL! Funny how that happens. I never in a million years thought I'd be owning Bitties. I blame Prasnlrd and her Bitty pictures, frankly. But then, I like blaming her for most things. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

DD had no interest in little baby dolls. But now at the ripe old age of 7, she just adores her Bitties. I have to admit that I wanted another one for myself, LOL.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]wink.gif[/img] Well, if you're really looking for a pre-1998 Bitty Baby, see the for sale sticky, I have a Brunette Baby and a Blonde Our New Baby listed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, After seeing these comparison photos of a light skin brunette Baby, and a Hispanic Baby, I think you will see that you definately do NOT have a Hispanic Baby. They are so much darker skinned that some people think they are black Babies, but obviously the black Baby has different hair texture. The differences in your light skinned brunette Babies are just due to the changes in vinyl and coloring from 1997 or 98, and say around 2004, when the peach sleeper was current. My first photo is a light skinned brunette Baby, the second one is Hispanic with a flash, and the third is Hispanic without the flash. Interestingly different, don't you think?
    th 6017
    th 6photo015
    th 6photo025

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast