Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What an fun time at our house yesterday afternoon! Five little 7-10-year-old girls (and one Mom) came over to play dolls with me! Three of them brought their AG dolls and chose from my outfits and bikes and horses to play, and they all helped me with getting my girls dressed for the winter/Christmas displays! We got 13 of the girls dressed in just two hours - they saved me hours of dressing time, and we all had such a good time pulling outfits from the drawers and closets. I was very glad I had made a list of all the girls and what I wanted them to wear ahead of time (although I did discover that I had left two of my girls off the list - oh no! How could I forget Connie and Mary Rose?)! [img]wink.gif[/img]

When we were done, we went upstairs to find that Jack had set the kitchen up for a party, complete with streamers, cookies and punch, and two of my dollies at their little party table in the middle of the dining table. It was so cute!

The whole afternoon moved along at a little more hectic and boistrous pace than I am used to anymore, but we certainly had a wonderful time! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 04, 2006 04:14 AM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Polly Marie

Jeanette, so glad you're up to all that young energy! [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Seems like a grand time. [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]
    Wasn't the house quiet when the girls left! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I know what you are saying. When our house has young energy it is marvelous, but when young visitors leave then dh,myself and even our little dog enjoy the quietness. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh yes, we love having them here - they are so full of energy and excitement! But the peace and quiet is very wonderful when we have the house to ourselves again! *ahh-h-h*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you had a wonderful afternoon, and I'm sure your little friends were thrilled.

Your husband is such a sweetie-mine would have made sure he was far away (like in the middle of a lake fishing!)if I had been having an afternoon like that. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is wonderful Jeanette!! Can you send those girls over and help me here??? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Great that you are having volunteers for he Xmas display. I recruited someone too! [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehe.. Good to have someone else play and dress and have fun with these dolls.

Inactive Member Samantha_Nellie_Felicity's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That sounds so fun and cute!!

Inactive Member ElizabethLover101's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you had a wonderful afternoon! Wow, you are very organized! making a list and everything... I just get a doll and throw some clothes on her LOL [img]tongue.gif[/img] no, I'm kidding, the outfit has to be just right for me! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

But, I can see why it is nice to have peace and quiet LOL [img]smile.gif[/img]

--Rachel

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HOW COOL IS THAT JEANETTE! It sound like you have made some good dollie friends in the neighborhood! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] FANTASTIC!!! I bet this will not be the last time you have a visit from them too! HA! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

I make a chart/list of clothing assignments for my morsels too! HA! It helps immensely!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Jeanette,

It does sound like you had such a fun afternoon! Now, I can hardly wait to see your holiday photos to see what cute outfits you put together.

My DH would also have been as many miles away from such an event, if ever one is held at our house a few years from now, as he could possibly get. Your DH is very sweet to have decorated with streamers and everything--I'm sure your little helpers thought it was wonderful.

Thanks for sharing your fun afternoon!

Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aaaah, that sounds like so much fun, and so cute! (And yes, I love when a man will actually play with dolls. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] )