Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Receiving Wishbooks

Janie3082

I got the catalog email on Tuesday, but I haven't received the catalog yet.

I normally get every catalog that comes out, and I always order online. The only time I've ever called in was for replacement parts around a year ago. I usually place one order a month, or every other month; but my total is usually under $30 unless I'm ordering a gift.

Who knows how they determine who to send the catalogs to? [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by OSusannah:
    There should be catalogs at AGP that some of us can pick up for those who did not receive one in the mail. Last year I picked up extra copies of the wish book to mail but couldn't figure out how to mail it safely but cheaply (they are very heavy). Other members did, however. I'll be going to AGPC before Christmas and can pick up extra copies if someone can tell me how to mail them inexpensively.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Put them into a padded envelope and use media mail - that'll save a couple dollars at least in shipping, and whenever I send books and whatnot, that's what I use. They say it takes a few days longer to arrive, but I've never noticed, except when compared to priority or next day services.

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got the big holiday book in the mail the other day (it is FAB-U-LOUS), and then got an email the next day that it was coming. Does that mean they are sending me another one hopefully???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by keristars:
    Put them into a padded envelope and use media mail - that'll save a couple dollars at least in shipping, and whenever I send books and whatnot, that's what I use. They say it takes a few days longer to arrive, but I've never noticed, except when compared to priority or next day services.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just so you know- you technically aren't supposed to use media mail, because it is an advertisement. My post office told me that last year- and I'm a rule follower. Plus, media mail can be searched- although I doubt they actually check much of it- so I really wouldn't want to be in violation.

I'd ask your post office before sending it media mail.

(I mailed mine off last year between two piecese of cardboard taped together and sent it parcel post)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Skittl1321:
    Just so you know- you technically aren't supposed to use media mail, because it is an advertisement.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, but it is also a collector's item so I think it would be fine to use media mail.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would send it Media Mail because it's a magazine as much as it is a catalogue, and when I first inquired about MM lo these many years ago, they said that as long as it was media - books, videos, cds, &c - it was golden.

You could always include a thin book just in case, perhaps. [img]wink.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It has suddenly occurred to me - could there be a link between the WAY we order our AG purchases, and getting or not getting a Wishbook? In other words, if we usually order online, might they think that we are just happy looking at the website and don't need a "hard copy", and if we usually order by phone, are they thinking that those are the people who need a catalogue? Maybe there isn't a link at all, but I am never happy with what I perceive as random or arbitrary decisions!

Polly Marie

I've just placed a couple of orders by the phone. Most of my orders have been from the website and I received the big wish book. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got an e-mail saying the wishbook is on it's way, and I've only purchased things through the website and at an American Girl Place. Could they be distributing them arbitrarily?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12