Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!

We went to Sams Club this morning for our usual weekly pilgrimage and while walking down what my DD refers to as "the fun aisle" we saw three AG items which some of you might be interested in:

AG Mystery Game and Book sets for various characters and AG Puzzle and Mystery book sets. Didn't look closely at the price.

AG Paper Dolls and Art Kits also for various historicals mostly Molly & Kit but the others were there too. Price was around $13-$15.

Boxed Sets of the Historicals 6 paperback books plus the matching Mini Doll and her mini book for $35.

Our Sams had all the historical characters except Kirsten. Now, I'm not a huge fan of the mini dolls mostly because I figure I'd rather just save up for the big dolls, but I was sooo tempted by Josefina but resisted. Mini Kaya was also extremely cute too. I think $35 for all that sounds like a pretty decent deal--any thoughts?

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Agh, poor Kirsten! She gets no love...UGH, AG can't possibly retire her, can they??? [img]frown.gif[/img]

I think the mini doll and book combination are a very good deal; the mini dolls retail for $20, after all, so you're getting the books for $2.50 apiece. But the only girl I want the books for that I don't have is Kit, and I already have a mini Kit. Well, I can imagine buying Mini Addy, at least...Mini Josefina looks very cute and would definitely be the best doll to make clothes for (her skirts and rebozos are very easy!)...I just don't like the last few of her books, so I don't think I'd buy. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

(Also, if you're lucky, you may have a used bookstore that will sell some of the older books for even $1 apiece, so you can always go that route if you JUST want the books. It's how I got my set of Samantha's books, anyway!)

Of course, I don't shop at Sam's Club anyway, so I suppose it doesn't really matter much. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Katie! I posted about this earlier in the week when I was at my Sam's club. I thought they were all great deals..........so much so that I bought Kit and Samantha's paper doll/art studio sets and Molly's book set with the mini doll! My dd wants Emily for Christmas and we don't have Molly so mini Molly will have to be the next best thing, LOL!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Costco also has the mystery games with a mystery book and other items (can't remember). Worth checking out!

Lea [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]